These low carb and paleo Apple Bacon Muffins are so fluffy, moist, delicious, and they are a perfect make-ahead breakfast!
Guys, these muffins! I got this idea after making my apple bacon pancakes, and how much I loved them. The two flavors go together so well and I just love that combination of sweet and savory.
While pancakes are amazing, I wanted something that I can make ahead of time since mornings are when I’m the most productive and I’d rather spend that time getting some work done than in the kitchen. Enter: these Paleo Apple Bacon Muffins!
These muffins can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, and I’ve been just toasting them in the oven in the morning and eating them with eggs. SO delicious. They are even better with a slather of grass-fed butter on them, and it’s a great go-to snack as well.
This recipe makes 6 large muffins, but you can double the recipe for a standard 12-muffin pan. I actually highly recommend you do with these Paleo Apple Bacon Muffins because you won’t regret it if you do. There’s something so delightful when apple and bacon comes together, and I’m pretty sure we all need more of it in our lives… Right? Just go make these if you agree!
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon, fat reserved
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp bacon fat (or more coconut oil)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ apple, cored and shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or line with muffin liners.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon slices. Crumble the bacon and set aside the fat.
- In large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together coconut oil, bacon fat, eggs, and maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir together.
- Fold in half of the bacon bits and shredded apple into the mix.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin tins to make 6 muffins.
- Top the muffins with the remaining bacon bits evenly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when you insert it into a muffin.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from muffin tin.