This past weekend, I was at the Wanderlust Festival in Lake Tahoe which was such a fun and amazing experience. I was actually there as one of the vendors working at a booth for most of the time, but it was so great to have the beautiful mountains as the backdrop and I had some free time to attend a yoga class, see musical acts, and partake in festival activities.
However, my body is definitely feeling the lack of sleep, not eating healthy the entire time, and just the stress of being on my feet for 4 days straight. I’m taking it easy this week by resting, getting a massage, and cuddling with my dogs.
Whenever I’m feeling a bit drained, I pay special attention to how I’m fueling my body. One of the top anti-inflammatory foods I like to incorporate is tumeric. It’s a very strong antioxidant and helps so much in healing the body in times of low immunity and stress.
Also, if you are doing a sugar detox like the RESTART® program, you can enjoy this recipe as well. Just make sure you don’t add honey and to use low sugar fruits like berries or an unripened banana!
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Toppings: fruits, nuts, shredded coconut, etc.
- Place all ingredients, except the toppings in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours so it can thicken.
- Pour into individual portions, add any toppings you desire, and serve chilled.