Recently, I was talking to a group of friends and the topic of making your own mayonnaise came up. I was trying to explain how I make it at home, but the explanation didn’t seem to fully clarify the process of how the immersion blender creams up the ingredients into the final product. So I decided to make a video tutorial!
This is my first video, and I’m pretty excited about it, so I hope you have as much fun watching it as I had making it. Click the image above to watch!
- Immersion blender
- 2 eggs (or just the yolks for a thicker consistency)
- 1 cup avocado oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- In a wide-mouthed glass jar that can fit the head of the immersion blender, pour in eggs, lemon juice, avocado oil, dijon mustard, and salt.
- Slowly lower the blender in to jar until it hits the bottom.
- Turn on the blender and let it run without moving until you see a white creamy cloud start forming from the bottom. It will rise up as the oil get slowly incorporated into the mixture.
- When most of the oil is blended in to the cloud, slowly lift the blender up while it's running.
- By the time you get to the top, there shouldn't be much oil left and your mayo should be made.
- Screw on the lid and the mayo should last in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!