These Bacon Spiced Cashews are a delicious and easy low carb snack that’s filling while being healthy! You’ll love the crunchy, addicting flavor.
Oh man, I’ve had a looooong weekend. We moved out of our apartment yesterday, without a permanent new place. We are still staying in the same area but at an Airbnb until we figure things out. So this past week was a whole lot of putting crap in boxes, driving around in a U-Haul, lifting heavy things, and lugging things into storage. I’m so so tired today so I’m taking it easy. Luckily, our Airbnb is so nice and gorgeous.
Bacon Spiced Cashews Recipe
Right before the move out day, I prepared by putting together snacks that I could munch on during and after the move. Of course, this consisted of thinking of ways to use up whatever food I had left in the kitchen. This was basically the process of how I came up with this easy but SUPER ADDICTING recipe: Bacon Spiced Cashews.
Perfect Combo of Flavors and Textures!
I don’t know why I never thought to put cashews and bacon together before. I mean, even the thought about it sounds amazing! Crispy, salty bacon and creamy cashews. What’s not to love? I had to portion these Bacon Spiced Cashews out a handful at a time, because I know I can just finish the entire thing in one sitting. However, it’s actually quite filling so it held me over between meals when I was exerting a lot of energy during the move.
Great as a Game Day Snack
Also, since it’s coming up, this could also be an amazing Super Bowl snack! If you don’t know, it’s this weekend, and I’m excited to munch on all the game day foods. Plus, if you are in a hurry, these bacon spiced cashews literally come together in less than 10 minutes. What’s not to love about that? Hope you try out this amazing combo, because it’s just the best!
Bacon Spiced Cashews (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne optional
- 1/3 cup chopped thick-cut bacon sugar-free
- 1/2 lb raw cashews about 2 cups
- In a small bowl mix together sea salt, cinnamon, and cayenne, if using. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the bacon in the skillet for 4-5 minutes, until they are crispy.
- Add the cashew and cook while stirring for 2-3 minutes, until toasted evenly.
- Add the mixed spices and stir together for 1 minute until evenly coated.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge until ready to eat.