This keto and Whole30 egg salad is healthy and so easy to make. It’s a classic recipe with an addicting crunch from the delicious bacon.
This keto and Whole30 egg salad is such a perfect meal or a snack. I always make sure to include healthy fats and protein in my meals to keep my blood sugar level and hold me over until the next meals, and this recipe always does such an amazing job of this!
Keto & Whole30 Egg Salad Recipe
Not only is this Whole30 egg salad super addicting and delicious, it’s so easy to make! Once you have all the ingredients on hand, it takes just 10 minutes to put together and mix into a salad.
Chopped hard-boiled eggs are so creamy and flavorful covered in dijon mustard and mayonnaise, and the onion, chives, and bacon add such a nice spice and crunch to balance everything out. I was a little lazy so I bought this paleo mayonnaise to make this egg salad, but if you are up to it, you can make it yourself because it’s seriously so good!
Easy Hard Boiled Eggs
Ever since I got the Instant Pot, it’s the only thing I use to make hard boiled eggs because it’s easy, quick, and they come out perfect and easy-to-peel every time. Don’t have one? No worries. Here are both stove top and Instant Pot methods to make hard boiled eggs for this Whole30 egg salad:
Stove Top Method
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Take out eggs straight from the fridge, then lower the eggs into the water so they don’t break, and let it come to a boil again. Once it does, lower the heat, and let the eggs simmer for 11 minutes.
- Prepare a large bowl with an ice bath.
- Once the eggs are done cooking, place them in the ice bath for at least 15 minutes.
- Peel the eggs under cold running water.
Instant Pot Method
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot, and place a steamer basket or the trivet it came with over the water.
- Place the eggs on the steamer basket or the trivet.
- Close the lid, and make the sure the pressure valve is set to Sealing.
- Cook on high on Manual for 5 minutes, and prepare an ice bath.
- Once it beeps to a finish, naturally depressurize for 5 minutes, then release the pressure.
- Immediately transfer the eggs to the ice bath and let it sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs. They should be peel easily!
Ways to Enjoy This Keto & Whole30 Egg Salad
Honestly, I love to eat this egg salad on it’s own because it’s so yummy! However, if you want to switch it up with some variety, here are some ways you can enjoy it. Some of these are not keto or Whole30 friendly so choose what fits your dietary preferences!:
- in a lettuce wrap
- topped on gluten free toast
- wrapped in Siete Foods Tortillas
- over salad greens
- over crackers
- on top of low carb microwave English muffins
- topped on an avocado half
- as a dip for veggies like celery or carrots
Hope you enjoy this keto & Whole30 egg salad. I’ve been eating it nonstop!
Keto & Whole30 Egg Salad
- 12 hard boiled eggs*
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 8 slices sugar free bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup paleo mayonnaise or more to taste
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh chives thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Peel the eggs and chop into small pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl.
- Use a spoon to stir together until combined.
- Taste to adjust creaminess and seasoning with more mayo or salt.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.