This delicious Paleo Silky Egg Stir-Fry with Jumbo Shrimp is a Whole30 and low carb Chinese dish full of umami. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice for a complete, flavorful meal!
Stir-frys are our go-to on busy weeknights. I always have white rice or cauliflower rice on hand, and quickly heating up protein and veggies in a delicious sauce is always a winner that turns out to be a super tasty complete meal that both my husband I love.
Paleo Silky Egg Stir-Fry with Jumbo Shrimp Recipe
This is why I’m so excited to share this Paleo Silky Egg Stir-Fry with Jumbo Shrimp recipe with you today. It’s one of the quickest and easiest recipes, but has so much flavor. The first time my husband took a bite of this dish, he said, “Oh wow, very UMAMI!”
I thought this was so perfect and funny, because this paleo silky egg recipe is from my talented friend’s newest cookbook and her blog name is I Heart Umami. ChihYu Smith is my amazingly talented blogger friend, and she recently wrote a cookbook, Asian Paleo, and it’s filled so many amazing grain free Asian dishes like this one!
Asian Paleo Cookbook
After writing my own Asian cuisine centered cookbook, I was so excited to have this cookbook in my hand so I can expand my knowledge of Asian cooking. ChihYu, who was born and raised in Taiwan, took inspiration from various Asian countries (China, Japan, Korean, Thailand, Vietnam, etc) to create amazingly flavorful and authentic dishes that are free of gluten, soy, wheat, grains, dairy, and added sugar.
Asian Paleo is divided into 5 delicious sections to fit your mood:
- Weeknight BFF features dinners that require little prep time and cooking time
- Batch-Cooking Perfect features recipes that are perfect for prepping for the week ahead
- Weekend Fun shows that you can still entertain friends while sticking to your Paleo diet
- Easy Add-Ons range from vegetables to side dishes that perfectly pair with a variety of recipe
- Flavor Pop includes recipes for healthy homemade condiments to replace gloppy, cloying store-bought sauces
Besides this Paleo Silky Egg Stir-Fry with Jumbo Shrimp recipe, here are some of the recipes that I’m most excited to try:
- Filipino Skirt Steak and Cauliflower Fried Rice Brunch
- Paleo Chicken Katsu
- Romantic Steamed Seafood Dim Sum
- Cold Ramen Noodles
- Smoky Curly Sweet Potato Noodle Fries
…and so much more! If you love Asian cuisine this book is a must-buy and I highly recommend it. I love that the recipes are accessible and easy, which being healthy and flavorful at the same time!
Paleo Silky Egg Stir-Fry with Jumbo Shrimp (Whole30, Low Carb)
- 12 medium raw shrimp (about 1/2 lb), peeled and deveined
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt plus a pinch
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- 5 tbsp chopped scallions plus more if you like
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 2 medium firm (not ripe) tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Toasted sesame oil for serving
- Blanch the shrimp by bringing a pot of water to boil, then add the shrimp. As soon as the shrimp turn pink and start curling, scoop them out and drain. Set aside.
- Place the eggs, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, the white pepper, and 1 tablespoons of chopped scallions in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the arrowroot starch with a little less than 1 tablespoon of water and add the egg mixture and gently whisk. Add the shrimp to the egg mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of ghee, and lower the heat to medium. Add the shrimp and egg mixture. Gently stir-fry until the eggs are about 70 percent cooked, similar to soft, runny scrambled eggs. Scoop the mixture out of the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of ghee to the skillet, then add the remaining 3 tablespoon of scallions, the chopped tomato, and the tomato paste. Season with a small pinch of salt. Sauté for about 10 seconds. Add the shrimp and egg back to the pan and give a quick toss, about 5 seconds.
- Serve hot with cauliflower rice. Drizzle with sesame oil and top with more scallions, if desired.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.