These 6-ingredient Vegan and Paleo Chocolate Cups filled with yummy cherry jam are the perfect Valentine’s or Halloween treat. They are so easy to make and you don’t even need to turn on the oven!
Soooo ever since I made my Cherry Garcia Ice Cream over the summer, I’ve been obsessed with the combination of cherries and chocolate. I think I actually prefer it over strawberries and chocolate which is saying a lot.
Now that we are fully into Fall and cherries are not in season anymore, I’ve been purchasing frozen cherries and they are amazing. Not only do they taste delicious, they are pitted already making them so easy to use in recipes like these Cherry Jam Filled Paleo Chocolate Cups.
Cherry Jam Filled Paleo Chocolate Cups Recipe
These vegan and paleo chocolate cups filled with cherry jam are one of those easy peasy dessert recipes that do not require baking and actually look like it took a lot more effort than it really did. Both the chocolate and the jam component are super simple to make, and you only need 6 ingredients from start to finish!
Perfect For All Occasions
Not only are these Cherry Jam Filled Paleo Chocolate Cups perfect for the holidays because of their bright red colored filling, but you can also make them for Halloween and call them “Bloody Chocolate Cups.”
They are even perfect for Valentine’s Day if you have a chocolate loving honey, and it’s so easy to whip up while looking fun and impressive.
If you aren’t a cherry fan, you can even try this recipe with raspberries or strawberries, or any other fruits great for making jam with. They are such a yummy treat with a burst of surprise in the center, the combination of textures and flavors is something that everyone will love.
Cherry Jam Filled Paleo Chocolate Cups (Vegan)
- Mini muffin tin
- Mini muffin liners
Cherry Jam Filling
- Line a mini muffin tin with 12 mini muffin liners.
- Place the cherries in a food processor and pulse a few times to get them chopped.
- In a small saucepan, combine cherries, maple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes until the cherries will break down and release its juices.
- Remove from heat and stir in chia seeds.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool and thicken for about 1 hour.
- Use a double boiler or a heat-safe bowl nestled on top of a pot of simmering water to let the chocolate chips and coconut oil heat up and melt. You can also microwave them for 30 seconds at a time while stirring in between until melted. Stir together until smooth.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop the chocolate into the bottom of each mini muffin liner, then tap the muffin tin gently on the countertop so the chocolate spreads and flattens out.
- Use the spoon to spread the chocolate all the way up sides of each liner,
- Place the muffin tin in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to harden.
- Remove from the fridge then place a teaspoon of cherry jam in the center of the hardened chocolate. You won't be using all of the jam.
- Top the cherry jam filling with about 1 1/2 teaspoon of melted chocolate, tap again on the countertop to flatten out the top. (If the chocolate has thickened, heat it back up so melts and thins out.)
- If using, sprinkle the top of the chocolate layer with sea salt.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let the chocolate cups to cool and harden completely.
- Remove the chocolate cups from the muffin tin and peel off the liner.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.