This paleo and vegan Cinnamon Crunch Grain Free Oatmeal is made with low carb cauliflower rice, and it’s cooked in a flash in the Instant Pot! It’s a cozy and delicious breakfast on chilly mornings.
While I usually tend to go for savory breakfast items like avocado toasts and eggs and bacon with veggies, on some chilly mornings, I crave a warm and sweet breakfast bowl. There was a time in my low fat days when all I used to eat every morning were oatmeals. I remember when overnight oats were crazy popular and I was obsessed with them as well at one point. While my digestion doesn’t handle oats well anymore, this Instant Pot Grain Free Oatmeal is a delicious, low carb substitute when I get that old craving.
Made with the ever-so-versatile cauliflower, which replaces many grain-based recipes so well, this “oatmeal” (or n’oatmeal) is so comforting with the mix of cinnamon, creamy dairy-free milk, and coconut sugar, with the added “crunch” from the toasted nuts and seeds.
Also, this Cinnamon Crunch Grain Free Oatmeal only takes 2 minutes of cooking time in the Instant Pot, which means that you can easily have a delicious warm breakfast on busy mornings. The prep time takes just a few minutes as well, since all you need to do is add the ingredients into the Instant Pot.
As for the toppings, you can really go wild with whatever you want. I added frozen blueberries, toasted coconut chips, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds to my oatmeal bowls. Next time, I think sliced bananas and almond butter would be nice additions as well. I also enjoyed the leftovers cold the next day, and it was as delicious chilled as it was warm.
If you are making this Cinnamon Crunch Grain Free Oatmeal ahead of time to eat later, make sure to add the toppings just before you eat it because they’ll soften up and lose the “crunch” factor if they sit in the oatmeal for a long time. Hope you enjoy this delicious and easy breakfast bowl, especially when you are missing those traditional oats like I do!
Cinnamon Crunch Instant Pot Grain Free Oatmeal (Paleo & Vegan)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower or 4 cups of riced cauliflower
- 2 cups almond milk or dairy-free milk of your choice
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar or 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch plus more, if needed
- 1 cup toasted nuts and/or seeds
- Optional toppings: sliced fresh fruits, dried fruits, toasted coconut chips, cacao nibs, chocolate chips, nut butter, etc
- If you are using a whole cauliflower head, remove the leaves off the cauliflower and cut off the florets from the roots. Use a cheese grater or a food processor with a grater attachment, and grate the cauliflower into the size of rice.
- Add almond milk, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract to the Instant Pot and stir together.
- Add the riced cauliflower on top of the liquid.
- Seal the lid, make sure the pressure valve is set to close, and set the Instant Pot to "Manual" for 2 minutes.
- Once it finishes to a beep, immediately release the pressure valve and open the lid.
- Sprinkle tapioca starch over the "oatmeal" and stir until thickened. Add more tapioca starch if you prefer the texture a bit thicker.
- Transfer to bowls and top with nut, seeds, and/or your favorite toppings. Serve warm or chilled.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.