This creamy paleo carrot soup is slightly sweet and so comforting, and you’ll love the flavorful crispy bites from the bacon. It’s also Whole30 and AIP friendly!
Now that it’s officially soup weather, I’m sharing my first soup of the season with this Paleo Carrot Aoup with Bacon. There’s something so comforting and cozy about a creamy soup and it’s extra delicious when combined with crispy, salty bacon.
Creamy Paleo Carrot Soup with Bacon Recipe
Not only is this recipe super flavorful, it’s actually really easy and quick and it takes a total of 30 minutes to make! The hardest part is the chopping of the bacon and vegetables and the rest is all done in the pot and the blender. And I recently got a brand new blender that I’m LOVING (it was looooong overdue) so the blending part was super fast as well!
To get your hands on the Calphalon Precision Control™ blender, make sure to go check it out here, or click on the image below!:
Calphalon Precision Control™ Blender
My previous blender was totally beat up and about 6 years old, so I was super excited to check out Calphalon Precision Control™ Blender that’s newly released. I have several Calphalon products at home so I knew how high quality they are and I’m a big fan of this brand.
My favorite part of this blender is that it has self-adjusting, speed-controlled power blades sense the mixture’s thickness and adjust the speed accordingly to thoroughly blend. How cool is that? Not only that, the 1.5 liter jar is BPA-free and dishwasher safe, and it has a powerful 900-watt motor–so necessary for someone who uses kitchen gadgets all the time like me!
Plus, I really love the slick, matte black design, and it looks so good on my countertop.
Where to Purchase a Calphalon Precision Control™ Blender
If you also want to get your hands on my new favorite blender, you can only find them at Target. Calphalon actually has a whole new line of products out, which includes this blender, and you can find all of them here. I’m actually thinking of getting their waffle maker because I’ve been wanting one for so long.
Whole30 & AIP Friendly
Not only is this Creamy Paleo Carrot Soup full of healthy and good-for-you ingredients like vegetables, bone broth, and coconut milk, it’s actually Whole30 compliant and you can make AIP friendly by omitting the ground black pepper and paprika. It’ll still be deliciously flavorful, and you’ll definitely want to serve it as part of your Thanksgiving dinner!
Creamy Paleo Carrot Soup with Bacon (Whole30, AIP Option)Print Pin Rate
- 6 oz sugar-free bacon chopped (about 4 slices)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb carrots chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper Omit for AIP
- 4 cups bone broth or chicken broth
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Optional: Chopped fresh parlsey for garnish
- Optional: Smoked paprika for garnish - Omit for AIP
- Heat a dutch oven or a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped bacon and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the bacon bits with a slotted spoon and set aside. Leave about 2 tbsp of bacon grease in the pot, and save the rest for cooking.
- Turn the heat up to medium high and add onion, garlic, carrots, salt, and pepper.
- Cook stirring for 5 minutes until fragrant and the onions are translucent.
- Add the broth, close the lid, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium low and let it simmer for 10 minutes until the carrots are cooked through.
- Pour everything into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy, working in batches if needed.
- Return the soup back to the pot and stir in coconut milk.
- Heat over medium low heat for 5 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Divide the soup into bowls, then garnish with bacon, parsley, and smoked paprika, if using. Serve warm.