These Whole30 and keto guacamole stuffed burgers are easy to make and packed with flavor. You’ll love the taste of tangy guacamole with every bite!
Now that we finally have a grill, we’ve been throwing everything on there from meats, veggies, fruits (have you ever had grilled peaches??), and more. There’s something about the flavors and textures that grilling food brings out, and my husband and I just can’t get enough. I recently decided to put by two favorite foods together to create a delicious bunless burger recipe, and I’m so excited about how it turned out!
Guacamole Stuffed Burgers Recipe
A classic low carb burger is my go-to when I need something quick to eat on-the-go. This combined with tangy and creamy guacamole is honestly a match made in heaven. You can get a taste of guacamole with every bite with these guacamole stuffed burgers, and they are so fun and indulgent while being Whole30 compliant and keto.
What I love about these stuffed burgers is that they don’t have to perfect. You may see some guacamole seep out through the edges while cooking, but that actually adds to the drool-worthy presentation when they are finally finished. You can just tell by looking at them that they are going to be a flavor bomb in your mouth!
Easy Bunless Burger Recipe
I’ve been team no-buns around here for years now. The meat and the toppings are honestly the best part, and using a lettuce wrap helps you consume more veggies in one sitting which I’m always all about! Plus, if you are looking for a low carb burger, going bunless is a the way to go.
My favorite way to hold the meat and toppings together so they don’t fall apart as soon as you lift it up or bite into it, is by wrapping everything in a flexible lettuce like butter lettuce. Then, if you want to go the extra step, you can fold and tuck a parchment of wax paper over one half of the burger to keep everything tight and tidy (In-N-Out style!).
Of course, you can also enjoy it with a fork or place the burger over a salad, another favorite way that I like to enjoy a bunless burger recipe.
How to Make Guacamole Stuffed Burgers
Before diving into the burger making, remember that these burgers do not have to be perfect! A bit of guacamole can seep out, and the burgers will still look tasty and fantastic.
With that being said, this is the way I found to be the easiest method to creating guacamole stuffed burgers.
- Create the burger mix and the guacamole separately.
- Split the burger meat into 4 equal sections.
- Take each section and divide in half. Flatten out each half into a circle, similar in diameter to a burger patty.
- Take 1 flattened half and place a spoonful of guacamole to the center of the circle.
- Take the other half and place on the top of the first half with the guacamole
- Carefully use your fingers to seal the edges together, and then shape into patties.
- Repeat with the rest of the meat and guacamole!
Depending on how much guacamole you add to each burger, you may have some leftover at the end. You can use the rest to top the burgers with after they are cooked, and you’ll have a crowd-pleasing low carb burger at the end that’s healthy and delicious.
Hope you enjoy this bunless burger recipe as much as we did in our home (my husband had 2 in one sitting). It’s a fun and easy grill recipe for the summer and all the summer get-togethers with friends and family. If you don’t have a grill, you can always use a grill pan or a cast iron skillet and cook it on the stovetop!
Other recipes you may love…
- Chorizo Burger with Cucumber Slaw
- BLAT Bison Burger
- The Best Guacamole Ever
- 24 Paleo Burger Recipes
- Instant Pot Paleo Hamburger Soup
Guacamole Stuffed Burgers (Paleo, Whole30, Keto, AIP Option)
- 1 lb ground beef preferably grass fed
- 1 tsp cumin omit for AIP
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium avocado ripe
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Sliced onions
- Sliced tomatoes
- Paleo mayonnaise
- Lettuce for wrapping
- In a large bowl, place all ingredients for the burger patties and mix together to combine. Be careful not to over-mix.
- In a separate bowl, mash all ingredients for guacamole together.
- Divide the burger meat into 4 equal sections.
- Use your hands to divide each section in half. Flatten each half into similar sized circles, similar in diameter as a burger patty. Add a scoop of guacamole to the center of one circle, and top with the other circle. Pinch the sides to create a burger patty with the guacamole inside, shaping it the best you can. It's okay if guacamole seeps out of the edges a bit.
- Repeat with the rest so you have 4 burger patties. If you don't use all of the guacamole, serve it as a topping with the cooked burgers.
- Grease and heat the grill or a grill pan over medium high heat.
- Cook the burgers for 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.