Well, I’m finally back from a week long vacation from Hawaii. I didn’t think I would love Oahu this much, but it was so beautiful and fun. We hiked a bunch, explored, ate local cuisine, and hung out at the beach pretty much everyday. It’s amazing how different one side of the island is from another and they are all so pretty and unique in their own way. It was everything I look for in a vacation and I’m back fully recharged. Check out my Instagram and Facebook page for some of my travel photos because I posted a ton!
No matter how relaxing a vacation is, flying is a bit tough for me and I can feel the intense stress of it every time, so I feel a bit worn out from the 5 hour flight last night. Not worry though, because bone broth to the rescue! I LOVE how quickly I can whip up a meal in my Instant Pot and I did just that with this spicy beef stew recipe.
Feel free to adjust the hot sauce if you don’t like spicy foods. I loooooove spicy so I tend to go overboard a bit. However, C (who usually can’t handle too much spicy foods) went back for seconds, so I think it’ll be just fine. Also, if you don’t have an Instant Pot, feel free to throw everything in the slow cooker. You can read the notes section of the recipe to find out how to do just that.
I love incorporating bone broth into recipes. It’s an easy way to consume all the beneficial minerals and nutrients without even thinking about it, especially when your fiancé refuses to drink it straight on its own. I’m such a trickster, but the one that tries to get you to eat healthy. It’s like sneaking in organ meat into recipes, but this is so much less detectable for those with sensitive palates. If you need a filling, healthy recipe that’s also comforting and warming, be sure to make this spicy beef stew recipe. You are gonna love it!
- 2 tbsp ghee or avocado oil
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups bone broth
- 2 tbsp your favorite hot sauce
- Sea salt, to taste
- Set your Instant Pot to Sauté setting and add avocado oil.
- Add the meat and stir until the meat is browned.
- Add and stir in the rest of the ingredient, except salt.
- Close the lid, and make sure the pressure valve is set to "sealing."
- Set the Instant Pot to Meat/Stew.
- Once finished, about 40 minutes, the Instant Pot will beep. If you are eating right away, hit "Cancel" then release the pressure valve, making sure your hand is away from the opening where the steam escapes. If not, the Instant Pot will automatically switch to the "Warm" setting for the next 10 hours and the pressure will slowly lower on its own.
- Taste and salt, if necessary.