These low carb and keto air fryer fried pickles are breaded with crushed pork rinds, and so crunchy and addicting! They are way easier to make than the deep fried method.
The first time I tried fried pickles was about 3 years ago. It was such a new concept to me that even though I was gluten free, I tried several of them at a bar and couldn’t believe how delicious they were. I definitely didn’t feel well afterwards being gluten intolerant, but I remember thinking that it was totally worth it. They were that good!
Because it was love at first bite, I definitely had keto fried pickles on my list to make when I bought myself an air fryer. After making these air fryer pickles a few times, I’m honestly so stoked at how delicious and crispy they are!
Keto Air Fryer Fried Pickles Recipe
Making fried pickles in the air fryer is so much easier than traditional deep frying and the cleanup is a breeze as well. These air fryer pickles are made low carb by using ground up pork rinds rather than breadcrumbs, but the texture is still so crunchy and crispy. I love that they are way healthier than the original version and I honestly couldn’t stop eating these!
How to Make Air Fryer Fried Pickles
Because these are low carb and keto fried pickles, the breading ingredients may be a bit different but the process is quite similar to regular fried pickles. It helps to make an assembly line of coconut flour, egg wash, and pork panko mixture. You first toss the pickles in coconut flour so they are well coated, and then dredge in the egg wash, then finally coat them with the pork panko mixture before adding them to the air fryer.
The coconut flour and the egg wash help the pork panko stick so you have deliciously crispy fried pickles in the air fryer and you won’t be able to stop eating! It only takes 10 minutes of cook time and you don’t have to worry about oil splattering on your skin or clothes.
Tips for Making These Keto Fried Pickles
Making fried pickles in the air fryer is pretty simple but I want to share some tips and tricks to make them extra crispy and delicious.
- Dill pickles are traditionally used to make fried pickles, but you can use any kind of pickles you like.
- Make sure to pat dry the pickle slices before tossing them with coconut flour so there isn’t too much moisture.
- Pork panko just means ground up pork rinds. You can crush them yourself, but I love buying these ground up ones to save time.
- I highly recommend you taste the pickles before breading them to decide if you want to add salt to the pork panko mixture. Mine was plenty salty enough so I didn’t need to add any.
- You may need to work in batches to cook these air fryer pickles. They taste best if they are cooked in a single layer, and depending on your air fryer, the surface area may not be big enough to fit all the pickles.
- You can get these air fryer pickles extra crispy if you spray or brush them with cooking oil before you cook each side. I use this avocado oil spray and it works really well for this.
If you end up making these keto fried pickles, leave a comment and let me know how you like them! They are definitely one of my favorite recipes to make in the air fryer.
Other recipes you might love…
Keto Air Fryer Fried Pickles (Paleo, Whole30)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Pat dry the pickle slices with a kitchen or paper towel and place in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the pickles with coconut flour and toss gently so all sides are coated.
- In a separate bowl, crack and whisk the egg.
- In another bowl, mix together pork panko, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Working in batches, dredge the pickle slices in the egg wash.
- Shake off the excess and press into the pork panko mixture. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the rest of the pickle slices.
- Arrange the dill pickle slices in a single layer in the air fryer. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- For extra crispy pickles, spray or brush the pickles with avocado oil.
- Air fry for 10 minutes, flipping then spraying (or brunshing) with avocado oil again halfway through.
- Serve immediately with ranch, or your favorite dip!
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.