These vegan and paleo Mini Pumpkin Tarts are so yummy and easy, and they make an adorable Halloween or holiday treat!
It was in the 80s all weekend over here (I even laid out at the pool!) so it seems strange to see all the Fall recipes popping up on my Instagram feed. However, I will not pass up a chance to get started on my pumpkin craze, and decided to open up my first can of pumpkin of the season. I thought about making my paleo pumpkin pie, but realized there’s no way I’m turning on the oven in this heat. Which is how these mini pumpkin tarts were born!
If you love pumpkin pie like me, you will love this recipe. These pumpkin tarts are a smaller version of pumpkin pie (they are muffin sized—so cute!), without needing to be baked in the oven. I love how quickly they came together. They are best eaten chilled, straight out of the refrigerator so I love that I can still enjoy Fall flavors in this heat!
Mini Pumpkin Tarts
- Line a 6-cup muffin tin with parchment paper or a standard muffin liner.
- Combine and mix all ingredients for the crust in a bowl until it becomes a sticky dough.
- Divide the dough evenly into the lined muffin cups, and press down with your fingers to form a crust on the bottom of each cup. Place in the fridge while preparing the filling.
- Heat a saucepan on the stovetop at the lowest setting.
- Place all ingredients for the filling (except coconut flakes) in the saucepan just until the coconut butter and honey are melted. Stir well.
- Take the muffin tin out of the fridge, and pour the filling evenly into the 6 muffin cups over the crusts.
- Smooth out the top of the filing with a spatula, and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Place back in the fridge for at least 3 hours so the filling hardens and sets.
- Serve chilled.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.