These no-bake lemon cheesecake bars have an ultra creamy and tangy filling on top of a delicious, naturally sweetened gluten free crust. It all comes together in just 15 minutes!
When I first found out I can make a vegan and gluten free cheesecake that tastes so much like the real thing, it made my dairy- and gluten-free heart so happy. My dad is a die-hard cheesecake fan, and even he couldn’t believe these creamy vegan lemon bars are dairy free. With the tart and tangy flavor of lemons in every bite, this is the perfect warm weather treat that’s also so easy to make.
Paleo & Vegan Lemon Cheesecake Bars Recipe
These no-bake cheesecake bars are actually easier than the traditional version! Both the crust and the filling come together quickly in the food processor or the blender, and then frozen together in layers. The crust is made with pecans, coconut, and Medjool Dates, while the filling has cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, and lots of lemon juice and zest. The creamy, dreamy texture with the tart lemon flavor is just perfection!
There are 2 components to these no bake lemon bars: the crust and the filling.
- pecans: Walnuts will also work for this recipe
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- Natural Delights® Pitted Medjool Dates: My go-to brand of Medjool Dates! I love to both cook and bake with them to use a natural sweetener, because of their amazing flavor and quality. I always appreciate brands that truly care about the health of the consumers, as well as the planet, and I love their commitment to sustainability
- All of their plastic packaging is made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials.
- The products are 100% glyphosate-free.
- 100% of their tree trimmings are turned into mulch, and their ripening facilities are warmed by thermal energy from the sun. How cool is that?
- vanilla extract
- cashews: I recommend raw cashews that are unsalted.
- coconut cream: You can purchase canned coconut cream, or use the solid cream part of coconut milk that comes in a can.
- lemon juice & zest
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- sea salt
How to Make No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Soften the cashews by soaking in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place the crust ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until crumbly and sticky. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Drain the cashews, then add to a high-powered blender or food processor with the rest of the filling ingredients. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and pour cheesecake filling mixture over the crust layer. Smooth out the top then tap the pan few times on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours, then slice into 16 square using a sharp knife.
- Thaw for 5-10 minutes, then enjoy!
How To Store Leftovers
If you have any leftovers of these vegan lemon cheesecake bars, store in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months in the freezer! Make sure to thaw for 5-10 minutes before digging if you freeze it for that ultra creamy texture.
Other dairy free cheesecake recipes you might like…
- Strawberry No Bake Cheesecake Bars (Paleo, Vegan)
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Mini Cheesecakes (Paleo, Vegan)
- Paleo & Vegan Pecan Pie Cheesecake (No Bake)
- Paleo & Vegan Key Lime Pie Bars (No-Bake)
No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars (Paleo, Vegan)
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- While the cashews are soaking, line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients for the crust in a food processor, and pulse until crumbly and sticky. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan, then place in the freezer.
- Drain the cashews, and place in the a high-powered blender or food processor with the rest of the filling ingredients. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the filling in over the crust. Smooth out the top with a spatula and tap the pan few times on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours, then slice into 16 square.
- Thaw for 5-10 minutes, then enjoy!
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.