Quick and easy paleo Instant Pot cocktail meatballs made from scratch with healthy, real food ingredients! They make a great party appetizer, and there’s a Whole30 option as well.
Deliciously sweet and sour cocktail meatballs have always been one of my favorite appetizers. They are so fun to eat, easy to prepare and you can make them ahead of time when you are busy with other things, like on game days or holidays. I love that they are great as leftovers too!
Made with Affordable and Fresh Products from ALDI
Almost all ingredients for this Instant Pot cocktail meatballs recipe came from ALDI, one of my favorite grocery stores filled with organic and paleo items that I like to cook with. Not only are their products high in quality, I love that they are affordable as well! This is why I’m so excited to partner with them for this paleo cocktail meatballs recipe.
The store is so convenient and had everything I needed, and for this recipe, I was able to grab:
- fresh produce like onions and pineapple,
- high quality protein like grass fed beef and organic eggs,
- and healthy pantry items like ghee, apple cider vinegar, and honey.
I highly recommend you check out their stores to grab fresh and good-for-you products at an unbeatable price. You can learn more about them on:
Paleo Instant Pot Cocktail Meatballs
These beef cocktail meatballs are made in the Instant Pot and are 100% grain free. If you have other ground meat on hand, you can use ground chicken, pork, or turkey, and they’ll still turn out great. I personally prefer beef for these paleo cocktail meatballs. The texture and flavor go so well with the tangy, sweet sauce that’s sweetened with pineapples.
How to Make Paleo Cocktail Meatballs
Making these beef cocktail meatballs is easy and very quick in the Instant Pot. With only 3 minutes of pressure cooking time, I love that you have a delicious and comforting appetizer in no time using this method.
- Make the sauce by blending all ingredients in a high powdered blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Make the paleo cocktail meatballs by combining all its ingredients in a bowl and mixing together. Shape in to bite-sized meatballs, about 1 inch thick.
- Brown the meatballs in the Instant Pot until 2 sides of each meatball are browned. They don’t need to be cooked all the way. Set them aside on a plate once they are browned.
- Add the prepared sauce into the liner, and deglaze the bottom of the pot with wooden spoon.
- Turn off the Instant Pot, add the meatballs back in, and cook on MANUAL for 3 minutes.
- Manually release pressure as soon as it beeps to a finish.
- Serve immediately or turn the Instant Pot to WARM until ready to serve.
That’s it! While these are pineapple cocktail meatballs, you really can’t taste the pineapple much. The fruit just adds that classic tang and sweetness necessary for a delicious sauce.
Tips for Making Instant Pot Cocktail Meatballs
- When combining the meatballs ingredients, do not over-mix as this can result in a tough texture at the end. Mix until just combined.
- When browning the meatballs in the Instant Pot, place them in a single layer and do not overcrowd the liner. You may need to do this in 2-3 batches.
- While browning, do not flip the meatballs until they easily lift from the pot. If you flip too early, the meatballs will stick to the bottom and you might ruin their round shape. About 2-3 minutes per side will do the trick.
- You can make these meatballs early in the day, and then keep them in the Instant Pot on the WARM setting until ready to serve.
- If you are doing the Whole30 challenge, you can easily modify this pineapple cocktail meatballs recipe so it’s compliant. Just replace honey with 4 medjool dates.
If you enjoyed these paleo cocktail meatballs, you might also like:
- Paleo & Whole30 Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Instant Pot Meatballs in Tomato Sauce (Paleo, Whole30)
- Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings (AIP, Paleo)
- Instant Pot Thai Coconut Curry Meatballs – Includes Stovetop Instructions (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
Paleo Instant Pot Cocktail Meatballs (Whole30 Option)
- 1 lb Simply Nature Organic 100% Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1 Simply Nature Organic Grade A Cage Free Brown Egg
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tbsp Carlini Ghee or more, if needed
- 1 cup pineapple chunks fresh or canned
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp Specially Selected Raw Honey or 4 medjool dates, for Whole30
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp Simply Nature Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Place all ingredients for the sauce in a high-powdered blender, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients for the meatballs, except ghee, in a large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Shape into bite-sized meatballs, about 1-inch wide.
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTÉ and add ghee.
- When the Instant Pot indicates that it's "hot," add the meatballs in a single layer without overcrowding (you may need to do this in 2-3 batches). Brown for 2-3 minutes, then flip when the meatballs lift easily from the pot without sticking. Repeat on the other side. They just need to be browned on two sides.
- Remove the meatballs and set aside.
- Add the blended sauce then scrape the bottom of the pot to deglaze. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add the meatballs back in, then close the lid making sure the pressure valve is set to sealing.
- Cook on MANUAL for 3 minutes, then release pressure immediately after it beeps to a finish.
- Serve immediately, or leave in the Instant Pot on WARM until ready to serve. Garnish with chopped green onions before serving, if desired.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.