These Gluten Free and Paleo Lemon Bars are the perfect way to welcome Spring, and they are a light and healthy treat that everyone will love!
When life hands you lemons, make lemon bars. That’s how the saying goes, right? Or something like that? Well, life did hand me lemons this week. After working so hard to improve my health issues for over a year now, I’ve learned about a minor setback through a blood test. It’s been frustrating and upsetting, but at least I found about it early before things got worse.
I’ll talk about it more in detail in a later post. I’m trying to keep a positive attitude about it, because there’s no use wallowing in it. It won’t help me heal faster. So, in an effort to look on the bright side, I made these paleo lemons bars out of all the lemons that landed on my lap this past week.
Paleo Lemon Bars Recipe
I love lemon flavored desserts. They are especially festive and fun during the Spring months. The flavor and the color instantly brighten up your day and your taste buds without weighing down your tummy. These paleo lemon bars are light and super lemon-y, as they should be, and also contain healthy fats with a good dose of vitamin C from the lemon zest and juice. It’s a great treat to make when you are going through a crappy time.
Make it Festive!
And if you are celebrating summer holidays like 4th of July and Memorial Day, you can even top these paleo lemon bars off with festive berries like I did below. I hope these will make your day happier like they did to mine!
Paleo Lemon Bars
For the crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients for the crust in a bowl and mix until the mixture is crumbly and sticky.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the lined pan in an even layer
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the filling, except cinnamon, in a large bowl.
- Pour over the pressed crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- The bars will firm up as they cool. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Once cooled, cut into individual squares. Refrigerate to store.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.