This paleo pancake cereal is a grain free version of the latest quarantine trend from TikTok. These mini cereal pancakes are not only cute and fun, but super tasty too! Keto option included.
Mini cereal pancakes or pancake cereal are the latest food trend that took off on TikTok and Instagram (like the Dalgona craze). When I first saw the photos and videos of them popping up on social media, I was immediately hooked. They are so fun and cute, and I knew I had to recreate a keto and paleo version that I could enjoy.
Watch a Quick Video of This Paleo Pancake Cereal
And subscribe to my YouTube channel for more cooking videos and other fun tutorials!
Paleo Pancake Cereal Recipe
Initially, I thought that these cute mini pancakes were fun to make and that they wouldn’t taste as yummy as the full-sized version. I was wrong! These paleo and keto cereal pancakes are actually tastier. The fact that they are pan fried in tiny sizes makes them crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The texture is way better and more addicting, and it’s delicious drizzled with syrup or just with milk.
Tips and Tricks to Make the Perfect Paleo Pancake Cereal
- These cereal pancakes are very easy to make low carb and keto. Just swap the maple syrup with a sugar-free syrup like this one.
- The consistency of the batter is important. If it’s too thin, you won’t be able to form it into small circles and the it will spread too much. If it’s too thick, the batter won’t pipe out properly. I’ve gotten good results with the recipe as written, but keep in mind that the batter can also thicken if you let it sit too long before piping. If this happens, add more milk.
- Using a plastic squeeze bottle for condiments to pipe out the batter works best. However, you can also use a resealable plastic bag and cut a tiny hole at the bottom corner. I suggest you make the cut right before piping so the batter doesn’t spill out before you start cooking.
- This mini pancake cereal will cook fast because they are so tiny! Start out at medium low heat while you pipe out the batter on the skillet. Once they are all covering the skillet, you can increase the heat to medium high heat to finish cooking them.
- Using a big spatula to flip a bunch of them at a time worked best for me to work quickly.
How to Serve Mini Cereal Pancakes
I’ve seen these mini pancakes served in different ways on both TikTok and Instagram and there’s not one correct way to enjoy them. You can either use a fork or a spoon. Here are some ways to serve paleo pancake cereal:
- with a pat of butter and syrup
- with milk like regular cereal (the pancakes will get soggy after several minutes, but they are still tasty)
- with sprinkles
- with fruits
- mixed with another cereal
This mini pancake cereal recipe is so fun, quick, and easy, you’ll want to make it again and again. If you end up making it, don’t forget to share on Instagram and tag me in the photo (@whatgreatgrandmate)!
Other recipes you might love…
- Paleo & Keto Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Paleo Gingerbread Pancakes
- Paleo Apple Bacon Pancakes
- Paleo Cinnamon Plantain Pancakes
Paleo Pancake Cereal (Keto Option)
- Add all ingredients, except coconut oil, in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- The batter shouldn't be too thick or too thin. If it's too thick to pipe out of a squeeze bottle or a small hole, add a little bit more milk to thin it out. Keep in mind that the batter will thicken up a bit the longer it sits.
- Pour the batter into a squeeze bottle or a plastic resealable bag. If using the second method, cut a tiny hole at the corner of the bag just before cooking.
- Heat coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium low heat. Use enough to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Squeeze out the batter all over the pan so you have tiny pancakes that are the size of a nickel.
- Turn up the heat to medium high and cook for about 1 minute until the bottoms are golden brown and pancakes start to bubble at the top.
- Use a spatula to flip over pancakes. Cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- Serve warm with your choice of milk, or add butter and drizzle with syrup. Enjoy!
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.