If you love Reese’s cups, you’ll be obsessed with these gluten free and Paleo Reese’s Bars that are so decadent and delicious. Made with clean ingredients and free of refined sugar!
Someone needs to come over and take these Paleo Reese’s Bars away from me because they are freakin’ dangerous. I can’t stop sneaking a bite of them, and the addiction is real around here.
I’m not joking when I say that this healthier version of your favorite childhood treat is even better than the original. The soft chocolatey layer on top of sweetened almond butter on top of a sturdy almond flour crust… It’s like heaven in one bite.
Indulge: 70+ Grain Free Desserts
I wish I can say this was my recipe, but I can’t take credit for it. This is from the amazing paleo dessert cookbook, Indulge: 70+ Grain-Free Desserts, written by a fellow blogger Carol Lovett from Ditch the Wheat. When I looked through the book for the first time, I bookmarked several drool-worthy recipes to try, and I knew I HAD to try these Paleo Reese’s Bars first as soon as I read the title.
Other recipes in this book include: Chocolate Marble Cake (I’ll DEFINITELY be making that one), Flourless Brownies, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies (um, yes please), Chocolate Ganache, Pecan Pie Truffles, and so much more.
I honestly couldn’t recommend this cookbook enough if you are a treat lover who’s looking for creative ways to enjoy desserts on a grain free diet.
Grab Your Copy of Indulge!
This ebook contains 70+ delicious recipes with mouthwatering photos. Plus, there’s a helpful section of baking preparations & methods, as well as easy substitutions you can make with the ingredients in case you don’t have all of them on hand.
There have been so many rave reviews that Indulge has sold over 10,000 copies in the first year alone!
Click here to grab your copy and use the code JEAN50 at checkout for 50% off!
Paleo Reese's Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line the bottom of a 4x8 inch rectangular loaf pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl combine the ingredients for the crust. Evenly press the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. The crust is done when it is lightly brown and firm to the touch. Let the crust cool before spreading the filling.
- In a bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut oil, 3 tbsp raw honey. Mix and reserve about ¼ of the mixture for the chocolate topping. Spread the almond butter filling onto the cooled crust. Place the bars in the freezer to firm up before spreading the chocolate mixture on top of the almond filling.
- To make the chocolate topping, add unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/2 tbsp of honey (or more, if needed) to the reserved almond butter filling.
- Spread on top of the semi-frozen bars. Place in the fridge to firm. Store the bars in the refrigerator.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.