This crunchy, sweet, and savory Paleo & Whole30 Grilled Peach Salad with bacon is a refreshing summer salad that comes together in no time. The lemon date vinaigrette ties the flavors together beautifully!
Summer is all about peaches and grilling for me, so I was beyond excited to see the first sign of peaches at the farmers market over the weekend. While I love juicy and drip-down-your-chin peaches on their own, one of my favorite ways to enjoy any fruit is by grilling them! If you’ve never tried grilling fruits before, you are missing out big time.
Paleo & Whole30 Grilled Peach Salad With Bacon Recipe
Grilling fruits caramelizes their natural sugars and really brings out their flavors to a whole new level. That’s what makes this Whole30 grilled peach salad so incredibly delicious.
Grilled peach slices are combined with salty bacon, toasted crunchy walnuts, and refreshing cucumbers and onions, all over a bed of slightly bitter arugula, then drizzled with a lemon date vinaigrette that makes the flavors pop and meld together in the most amazing way.
While this paleo and Whole30 grilled peach salad is quite simple and quick to make, the flavor profile and its fancy presentation makes it suitable for your next dinner party as well. Not only that, the components are meaty and filling enough to serve as a meal, and that’s how I’ve been enjoying it for a delicious way to up my fruits and veggie intake.
Keep It Whole30
If you are in the middle of the Whole30 challenge, this salad is the perfect way to indulge in the best summer flavors without any added sugar. Just make sure your bacon is Whole30-compliant (no sugar or nitrates!) and use the vinaigrette recipe as written in the instructions.
If you are NOT doing the Whole30, you can substitute dates with honey for the vinaigrette, since you are more likely to have that on hand than medjool dates.
Hope you take advantage of summer’s best flavors and make this Paleo & Whole30 Grilled Peach Salad With Bacon!
Paleo & Whole30 Grilled Peach Salad With Bacon
Lemon Date Vinaigrette
Grilled Peach Salad with Bacon
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 peaches sliced
- 4 cups arugula packed
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced
- Place all ingredients for the vinaigrette in the blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts and heat until browned and fragrant, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes until crispy.
- Remove from heat and roughly chop into small pieces. Reserve the bacon fat.
- Heat a grill or a grill pan over medium high heat.
- Brush the peach slices with the bacon fat on both sides.
- Grill the peach slices until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the salad: Place arugula, cucumber, and red onion in a large bowl. Top with toasted walnuts, bacon, and grilled peaches. Drizzle with the prepared vinaigrette.
- Toss to coat before serving.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.