You guuuuuuys! I’m SO excited. So I’ve been experimenting with homemade gluten-free bread for like, ever. Yes, I can just buy gluten-free bread from a grocery store easily these days, but the problem is, I get digestive issues with many of them. I have explained before that I have candida overgrowth, which means that I get symptom flares from eating any kind of yeast because it feeds the candida yeast in our gut. And yeast is an ingredient in most store-bought gluten-free breads. So I’ve been trying to perfect a bread loaf recipe without gluten, grains, or yeast for a while now.
Well, this past long 4th of July weekend, I finally made another attempt at it and I absolutely love how it turned out (finally!) and I had to share it with you.
Just like many gluten-free breads, especially without yeast, this bread won’t rise like a normal loaf. It’s a bit flatter, but it’s still light and fluffy tasting. If you want a full-sized loaf, I suggest you try doubling the recipe and then adjusting the baking time.
I don’t crave bread all that much, but I am obsessed with avocado toasts (follow me on Snapchat to see my avo-creations), and sometimes you just need a vehicle to scoop up some liver pâté or delicious paleo hummus. If you have digestive issues from candida, I highly recommend you try out this bread. It’s absolutely delicious!
- Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk, water, and apple cider vinegar until they are mixed well.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir together well.
- Pour the mixed batter into the lined loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F while you let the dough sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let cool for 30 minutes, then take out the bread by pulling on the parchment paper flaps.
- Slice before serving. These are even better toasted!