These dairy free and Paleo Stuffed Mushrooms are filled with prosciutto and cashew cheese, and they are a delicious and easy Whole30 and Keto finger food!
My last recipe for you before I fly (almost) across the country to Cleveland to spend time with C’s family! I just realized that I’ve been working backwards with my Thanksgiving recipes. I went from a dessert recipe to a main dish to a side and now to this, an appetizer. Totally unintentional. I’m ending with a good one though with these paleo stuffed mushrooms. Can’t really go wrong with a recipe that has prosciutto in it, am I righhh?
This is another easy and quick recipe that’s a crowd favorite. You can use any kind of mushrooms that you can stem and fill. I like to use regular white or cremini mushrooms because they are bite sized and perfect for a finger food.
For those who are dairy intolerant, soaked cashews make a delicious cheese substitute. They are mild enough to flavor easily and become soft so they blend into a creamy texture.
You can eat these paleo stuffed mushrooms hot right of the oven or at room temperature, so feel free to make this ahead of time in the morning if you need the oven space throughout the day for other dishes.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving wherever you are and whoever you are with!
Prosciutto "Cheese" Paleo Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1/3 cup rawcashews soaked for at least 2 hours
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 oz prosciutto chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms. You can discard the stems or save them for another use.
- Drain the cashews and place in the food processor with lemon juice, salt, pepper, thyme, and water.
- Process until smooth.
- Place in a bowl and add in the chopped prosciutto. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps and lay them out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.