These meatballs are so good, even a bee tried to get in on the action. Shoo, bee.
I absolutely love pork. I usually tend to avoid pork at restaurants or when I don’t know the source of the pork. Did you know that when animals are raised in highly stressful states like CAFOs and factory farms, all the toxins and stress accumulate in their fat stores? Pork is usually fattier than other types of meats, so these toxins are more concentrated in pork than leaner meats like chicken or beef. But I love cooking pork at home when I can purchase them from local farmers and I know that the pigs were raised happily in an open pasture.
Spiced Lemon Pork MeatballsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/4 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Combine and mix together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shape the meat mixture into 12-15 balls.
- Place the balls on a baking pan making sure they don't touch each other.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the meatballs turn golden.