You’ll want to make this easy and delicious paleo breakfast pizza for your next weekend brunch. The crust is made with sweet potatoes, with all the amazing breakfast items you’ll love! Oy, Monday. I just came home from an appointment with my new naturopathic chiropractor, and he told me my adrenals are shot. The past few months have been extremely stressful with the wedding, moving, and just life stuff and it’s been showing through my health. My digestion has been off, my brain fog has been coming back, and I’ve been tired AF for no reason. Time to get back to working on my stress and getting back to my meditation routine! It’s frustrating, but I’m thankful that I know the source of my health problems and that I have someone I can trust to work with.
Sweet Potato Crust Paleo Breakfast Pizza RecipeComing home after this disappointing appointment, I was very happy to have this leftover paleo breakfast pizza to cheer me up. This pizza is such a feast for the eye and the stomach, and I’m sad that I’ve never made a breakfast pizza before this. I’ve been missing out!
All the Delicious Toppings!This paleo breakfast pizza has all my favorite toppings. Bacon? Eggs? Avocados? Heck yes to all. The crispy sweet potato crust holds everything together beautifully and the combination of the flavors is pretty much epic. If you aren’t a fan of these toppings, you can easily customize it with whatever ingredients you like! That’s the beauty of making your own pizza, right? Tell me in the comments below: what would you put on your breakfast pizza?
Sweet Potato Crust Paleo Breakfast Pizza
You'll want to make this easy and delicious paleo breakfast pizza for your next weekend brunch. The crust is made with sweet potatoes, with all the amazing breakfast items you'll love!Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 3 servings
Sweet Potato Crust
- 1 medium sweet potato cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 slices of thick-cut bacon cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 onion sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 3 eggs
- Optional toppings: cheese, fresh herbs, avocado, red pepper flakes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease it lightly.
- Place sweet potato chunks and almond flour in a food processor and blend until fine.
- Add egg, sea salt, and garlic powder, and pulse until the dough becomes pasty.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F,
- Remove the dough from the fridge and pour it out onto the parchment paper, and flatten it out into a crust that's about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, cook the bacon pieces in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced onions with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 more minutes until the bacon is brown and crispy and the onions are soft. Set aside.
- Once the crust is done baking, top with marinara sauce. Evenly spread the bacon and onion mixture on top, then gently crack 3 eggs over the pizza carefully so the yolks do not break.
- Optional: Add cheese, if using.
- Broil in the oven for 3-5 minutes until the egg whites are cooked through but the yolks are still runny.
- Top with additional toppings, if using, then serve.
Sweet Potato Crust Paleo Breakfast Pizza
Amount Per Serving (1 serving (1/3 of a pie))
Calories 390 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29g 45%
Saturated Fat 7g 35%
Cholesterol 242mg 81%
Sodium 841mg 35%
Potassium 392mg 11%
Total Carbohydrates 16g 5%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 17g 34%
Vitamin A 131.1%
Vitamin C 4.6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
What Great Grandma Ate / Jean Choi is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.