This Instant Pot Paleo Hamburger Soup is so comforting and easy, and you can even make it Whole30-compliant! It’s a quick and healthy meal for a busy weeknight.
This humble and comforting Instant Pot Paleo Hamburger Soup is a recipe that I’ve been making for about a year now and it’s such a winner every time. I actually posted on Instagram Stories last winter about this soup and asked you if I should share the recipe, and an overwhelming majority of you answered, “hell yes!” I want to apologize because I totally forgot about it and I am now finally posting it.
Instant Pot Paleo Hamburger Soup Recipe
This is the kind of soup that has a ton of veggies in it, but my husband even loves it every time I make it. He’s not a veggie lover like me but he’ll eat it in soups without complaining. Not only that, I made it using bone broth so it’s even more packed with all the gut-healing good-for-you nutrients! If you don’t have bone broth on hand, you can just use plain beef broth as well.
I just used my homemade paleo ketchup for this recipe that I always try to have on hand, which contains maple syrup, but you can easily make it Whole30-compliant by using a Whole30-friendly ketchup recipe that’s sweetened with dates or other fruits. I really like this one that really does taste like actual ketchup and will go great in this recipe. If you don’t want any sweetener at all, this is also a good one to try out.
With the weather cooling down these days, I’m planning to come up with more Instant and soup recipes so stay tuned! In the meantime, I hope you make this Instant Pot Paleo Hamburger Soup, because it’s so hearty, filling, and packed with all the healthy ingredients.
Instant Pot Paleo Hamburger Soup (Whole30 Option)
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb ground beef preferably grass fed
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 1/2 cup chopped potatoes
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 4 cups bone broth or beef broth
- 1/2 cup paleo ketchup or Whole30-friendly ketchup to make it Whole30-compliant
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté function, and add ghee or coconut oil.
- Once the Instant Pot indicates that it's "hot," add onions and garlic, and cook stirring for 3 minutes until the onions are translucent and browned.
- Add the ground beef and break it up with a spatula.
- Press Cancel to turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Close the lid and set it to Manual on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Once it beeps to a finish, you can quick release the pressure to eat it right away, let it release pressure naturally for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot alone or garnished with parsley, cilantro, or red pepper flakes.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.