These Chocolate Drizzled Paleo Coconut Macaroons are gluten and refined sugar free, and they’ll be your new favorite healthy dessert that’s super easy to make!
Hey hey, do you know what’s better than regular macaroons?? Chocolate drizzled paleo coconut macaroons! I really love coconut desserts because the flaky texture is so amazing combined with a sweet flavor. I also love that I don’t have to add too much sugar to them because coconuts are plenty sweet naturally!
Chocolate Drizzled Paleo Coconut Macaroons Recipe
If you are a coconut lover like me, you definitely need to try this recipe. These macaroons are like light and flaky cookies that taste amazing, and the drizzled chocolate on top adds even more of a yummy sweetness to them to make them super addicting.
The Key to Sturdy Paleo Coconut Macaroons
Macaroons by nature are quite delicate, but in order to help them hold together, make sure to follow these steps when making them:
- When forming the balls for the macaroons, make sure they are tightly packed before laying them on the parchment paper. I made the mistake of loosely packing them the first time I made these, and they fell apart when I tried to pick them up at the end.
- DO NOT TOUCH the macaroons once they are out of the oven until they are completely cooled. This can take anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes.
- Be gentle with handling them afterwards. If you followed the previous 2 steps, they should hold together pretty firmly, but it doesn’t hurt to take extra care when transferring these macaroons to another container.
Why Just Date Syrup?
I used Just Date Syrup to sweeten these paleo coconut macaroons and they are my new favorite sweetener for desserts or even salad dressing. It’s literally made with only one ingredient, organic medjool dates, and I love the idea of sweetening my food with just fruit. Here are a few other reasons why I love it:
- It has lower glycemic index than other sweeteners like maple syrup, honey, agave, and refined sugars, which means it won’t dramatically spike your blood sugar.
- It’s packed with potassium, magnesium, and antioxidants, and you know I’m always looking to up my nutrient intake!
- It tastes REALLY good! I’m thinking about using this syrup over some paleo pancakes instead of maple syrup, because I love the way it tastes.
Don’t have Just Date Syrup in your pantry just yet? You can just sub with maple syrup for this recipe, and it’ll still turn out delicious. I hope you love this healthy and easy dessert to help you get through the week!
Chocolate Drizzled Paleo Coconut Macaroons
These Chocolate Drizzled Paleo Coconut Macaroons are gluten and refined sugar free, and they'll be your new favorite healthy dessert that's super easy to make!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine Just Date Syrup, vanilla extract, egg whites, and sea salt a large bowl, and whisk together until frothy.
Add in shredded coconut, and stir together.
Using rounded tablespoons or 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoops, scoop the mixture then space them out evenly on the parchment paper. Make sure to pack the scoops firmly.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let the macaroons cool completely on the parchment paper, about 1 hour.
While the cookies are cooling, use a double boiler or a heat-safe bowl nestled on top of a pot of simmering water to let the chocolate chips heat up and melt.
Stir until it becomes a smooth consistency. You can also use the microwave to melt the chocolate.
Once the cookies are cooled, use a fork to drizzle the melted chocolate over the macaroons.
Let the chocolate cool and firm up, then enjoy!
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.