If you love nachos (who doesn’t?), you are going to want to make this dairy-free and paleo nacho casserole. It’s creamy and crispy at the same time, and has a ridiculously addicting flavor combo!
The other day, a friend asked me, “What would your last meal be?” Without hesitation, I said, “Nachos. Loaded with EVERYTHING.” Because, friends, nachos are just the best kind of food filled with everything I love, and I wouldn’t be mad if it was the only thing I can eat for the rest of my life.
While my stomach can’t handle cheese and corn chips to have nachos regularly, I can make my own version at home using my Paleo Cauliflower Nacho Cheese and Siete Foods tortilla chips. Oh, what a world we live in today.
So, the other day, I made this Paleo Nacho Casserole on a whim for dinner, and it turned out fantastic. And I’m so excited to share it with you!
I’ll be honest. I was a bit nervous about how this recipe would turn out because I never cooked with my Paleo Cauliflower Nacho Cheese. However, the cheesiness and the creaminess really come through in this recipe, and the crunchiness of the tortilla chip topping with that base is just a magical combo.
If you don’t have access to Siete Foods tortilla chips and you do okay with eating corn, you can use regular corn chips. You can even go with not using any chips at all, and just make the base as a dip for veggies. Top the whole thing with your favorites like avocado slices, guacamole, jalapeño slices, hot sauce, and/or chopped cilantro, and you have a ridiculously delicious meal that you won’t want to stop eating!
Paleo Nacho Casserole
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups Paleo Cauliflower Nacho Cheese
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tortillas chips I used Siete Foods, but you can also use corn chips if not strict paleo
- Optional toppings: cilantro, avocado, sliced jalapeno, olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat coconut oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add ground beef and sea salt, and sauté for 5-10 minutes until cooked through, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and drain the fat.
- Stir in salsa, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and Paleo Cauliflower Nacho Cheese.
- Add whisked eggs and stir together until mixed.
- Top evenly with crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with any additional toppings you like before serving.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.