This easy and delicious vegan and paleo cherry crumble using fresh or frozen cherries is guaranteed to be your favorite summertime dessert. Just pour the ingredients into a baking dish, bake, and done!
There was a long debate with my self and on my Instagram about what to call this amazing and delicious paleo cherry dessert. I first couldn’t decide between a dump cake or a cobbler. But after talking to a few of my foodie friends about what the differences are, I realized that what I made was a cherry crumble recipe.
Vegan & Paleo Cherry Crumble Recipe
No matter what it’s called, you really need to make this amazing treat that’s so easy to throw together and super tasty. The bottom layer can be made using fresh or frozen cherries, and the cherry crumble topping is just the perfect texture that’s crunchy and crispy at the same time.
How To Make Cherry Crumble Recipe
This is truly one of the easiest recipes that actually looks way fancier and more decadent than the amount of effort it takes to make it. The only thing you have to deal with is turning on the oven in the heat, if you are making this during peak cherry season. Here’s how to make this cherry crumble recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together pitted and halved cherries, coconut sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon in an 8×8 baking dish, or in any 2 quart baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cherry crumble topping ingredients.
- Evenly cover the cherries with the topping mixture.
- Drizzle melted coconut oil over the topping, doing the best you can to cover every part of it. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, until the cherries are bubbling up from the bottom and the top layer is golden brown.
This has quickly become one of our favorite easy cherry desserts, and I love that the cooking process is so simple too!
Tips for Making This Gluten Free Summer Dessert
- You can use fresh or frozen cherries for this cherry crumble. If using frozen cherries, defrost them until they are soft enough to easily slice in half. You can then use them right away.
- Mine was ready after baking for 50 minutes. Depending on your oven, yours may take longer or shorter. I would start checking after 45 minutes. It’s ready when the cherry crumble topping is browned and hardened.
- This yummy vegan and paleo cherry dessert is delicious on its own. However, it’s even better with some coconut whipped cream or vanilla ice cream! I topped mine while it was still warm with store-bought dairy-free vanilla ice cream. The ice cream melted into the crumble and it was heavenly. I highly recommend this combo!
If you enjoyed this paleo cherry dessert, you might also like…
- Vegan & Paleo Cherry Garcia Ice Cream (Ben & Jerry’s Copycat!)
- Easy Vegan & Paleo Peach Crisp
- Paleo Cranberry Galette
- Cherry Jam Filled Paleo Chocolate Cups (Vegan)
- Berry Pecan Bars (Paleo, Vegan)
Vegan & Paleo Cherry Crumble (with Fresh or Frozen Cherries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add halved cherries, coconut sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon to an 8×8 or 2qt baking dish. Stir together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Top the cherries with the flour mixture to cover evenly.
- Slowly drizzle the coconut oil over the flour mixture. Every part of the flour doesn't have to be covered, but do the best you can.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the cherries bubble up from the bottom and the top layer is golden brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve alone, or with coconut whipped cream or dairy-free ice cream of choice.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.