Celebrate Fall with this tangy and sweet Whole30 Roasted Squash Salad, that’s full of flavor and delicious textures. It makes a wonderful side to any holiday dish!
I’ve been eyeing squash and gourds at every grocery store lately, and I know you’ve been enjoying seeing them pop up this season if you are a huge squash fan like me. My favorite squash is kabocha squash and I seriously think its the best tasting one out there. I’m actually a bit biased because it’s the type I grew up eating the most, and I didn’t even know about butternut squash until in college.
Whole30 Roasted Squash Salad Recipe
This delicious and warm salad can be made using either kabocha or butternut squash, and I think I may have to make it over and over again throughout the next few months and the holidays. It’s wonderfully tangy and sweet without any processed sugars, and there are so many different textures and flavors that complement each other so ridiculously well.
Keeping It Whole30
If you are doing the Whole30 challenge (which I highly recommend you try out!), make sure to purchase dried cranberries without any added sugar. It may seem hard to find at a regular grocery store, but I get mine on Amazon here. They are super tasty both alone and used in recipes, and I love that they contain less sugar and carbs than the typical ones that we are used to.
Also, to add a bit more sweetness without using processed sugar to this Whole30 Roasted Squash Salad, a dried medjool date is used in the dressing and the result is pretty darn fantastic. Remember to soak the date in warm-hot water for 5-10 minutes to soften it up so it can blend well. It’s the type of dressing that I’ll be making over and over again to use as my go-to dressing over any salad!
Perfect Holiday Side Dish
With the holidays coming up, I highly recommend you make this easy and hearty salad to serve alongside turkey, ham, or any main dish. It’s a crowd pleaser that goes so well with any protein and I’m even thinking about making it for a holiday potluck I may be attending in the coming months.
Hope this Whole30 Roasted Squash Salad helps you enjoy this wonderful season, and make the holidays and gatherings a bit easier if you plan to try out the Whole30 challenge during those times. Enjoy!
Whole30 Roasted Squash Salad (Paleo, Vegan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place cubed squash in a baking pan and toss with coconut oil, sea salt, and pepper, until evenly coated.
- Roast for 18-20 minutes until tender, turning the pan halfway through.
- While the squash is roasting, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add ghee and walnuts, and stir together for 5 minutes until the walnuts are golden and fragrant.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Remove the squash from the oven.
- While the squash cools a bit, place all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large salad bowl, add salad greens, roasted squash, toasted walnuts, dried cranberries, and red onion.
- Drizzle the dressing over everything, and toss gently to coat.
- Serve warm.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.