Paleo Bacon Alfredo Casserole
This Whole30-friendly and Paleo Bacon Alfredo Casserole is so comforting and delicious, you won't miss the gluten and dairy at all!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr 5 mins
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled preferably thick in width
- 8 oz bacon slices chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 packages Path of Life All Natural Roasted Garlic Cauliflower OR 5-6 cups of raw cauliflower florets For Food Safety and Quality, make sure to cook to a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg whisked
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Use a vegetable peeler or a spiralizer to slice the sweet potatoes into noodles. Place in a 9x9 baking dish.
Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook chopped bacon in the saucepan until brown and crispy, about 10-15 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel, and leave 1 tbsp of bacon grease in the saucepan.
Add garlic to the sauce and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
Add coconut milk and Path of Life All Natural Roasted Garlic Cauliflower. Let it come to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes covered, until the cauliflower is completed defrosted and tender.
Add nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth and creamy. If you don't have an immersion blender, work in batches in a blender.
Pour the cauliflower alfredo sauce over the sweet potato noodles and toss to coat. Let cool for 15 minutes.
Add in the whisked egg and bacon, and stir to mix everything together.
Bake for 40 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes before serving.