You are going to love this Bulletproof Keto Mocha Milkshake, that’s made with healthy ingredients without spiking your blood sugar. It’s dairy free and paleo, with 6 grams of net carb!
MMMM MILKSHAKE. It’s one of those incredibly indulgent treats that I remember so fondly and miss so much ever since removing most dairy into my diet. While milkshakes are super delicious and wonderful, they are one of the popular desserts with the highest sugar content.
However, I’m always striving to healthify my favorite sweets and recreate them with cleaner and low carb substitutes, and I’m just obsessed with how this Bulletproof Keto Mocha Milkshake turned out!
Bulletproof Keto Mocha Milkshake Recipe
This keto mocha milkshake doesn’t contain any dairy or ice cream, but you’ll never guess by the amazingly thick and smooth texture. This creaminess comes from a combination of coconut milk, almond milk, and avocado, and thickened even more by blended ice cubes.
Also, the flavor from the mixture of cocoa powder and instant coffee is just divine with a touch of vanilla and sea salt. It’s my new favorite indulgence and, best of all, I don’t get a headache and feel crappy afterwards!
What Makes It Bulletproof?
The term “bulletproof” came from the popular bulletproof coffee that’s been trending in the low carb world. Instead of starting the day with high sugar foods that’ll have you suffering a blood sugar crash with a headache and that “hangry” feeling an hour later, a bulletproof drink is full of high quality fats that’ll give you sustained energy while keeping your mind focused.
The fat is from a saturated fat source like MCT oil, butter, and/or ghee, allowing your body to convert it to ketones, which your body uses much more efficiently than carbs and sugar. You are better able to burn body fat, your brain will stay much more focused, and you’ll be satiated without hunger pains for so much longer!
I also like to add grass fed collagen for that extra boost of protein and amazing nutrients it offers.
Just like always, the quality of the ingredients is one of the important parts of any recipe or food. There are so many MCT oil and collagen brands out there with questionable ingredients from unclear sources and you definitely want to avoid those.
One of my favorite brands for these kinds of supplements that’s always crystal clear about where they source their ingredients and how they are farmed is Perfect Supplements. I’ve used many of their products and they are so effective, and I love that I don’t have to worry about and research their ingredients every time I purchase from them.
- Perfect MCT Oil: There are many MCT oils are sourced from unsustainable palm oil or soy-based hexane, or contain genetically modified ingredients. Perfect MCT Oil is one of the cleanest and purest I’ve seen, and contains 100% C8 (caprylic acid) and C10 (capris acid). It has been batch tested to ensure that it contains nothing but coconuts. Plus, you really can’t taste it at all and it always makes my drinks extra frothy!
- Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen: One of the highest quality and most affordable collagens on the market! This one is grass fed, dissolves well in both cold and hot liquids, and you can’t taste it. They’ve tested it to ensure that there are no pesticides or hormones, and also that it’s free of glyphosates. Collagen is awesome because it’s an absorbable source of protein, improves the quality and strength of hair, skin and nails, supports joint health, and also improves gut function! I take this in my matcha every morning, and keep the single-serving packets around for travel and on-the-go!
If you want to make this Bulletproof Keto Mocha Milkshake with quality ingredients, make sure to use check out Perfect Supplements and use the code GREATGRANDMA10 at checkout to get 10% off your entire order!
Bulletproof Keto Mocha Milkshake (Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 5 drops stevia or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 scoop grass-fed collagen Use code GREATGRANDMA10 for 10% off your entire order
- 2 tsp MCT oil Use code GREATGRANDMA10 for 10% off your entire order
- Optional: Coconut whipped cream for topping
- Optional: Shaved dark chocolate for topping
- Place all ingredients from coconut milk to MCT oil in a high powered blender, and blend until thick and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and top with coconut whipped cream and/or shaved dark chocolate, if using.
- Enjoy immediately.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.