Learn how to put a spiced twist on Dalgona coffee with this pumpkin spice Dalgona coffee! The TikTok coffee recipe gets a Fall treatment, and it takes just 5 minutes to make.
If you’ve been browsing the internet in the last year, you’ve probably come across the incredibly popular TikTok trend: Dalgona coffee. And if you’ve never heard of it before, be prepared to have your minds and tastebuds blown. It’s something that definitely lives up to the hype and I even have a matcha version here. If you already know what it is, I think you’ll love this Fall version of this beloved drink: pumpkin spice Dalgona coffee!
What is Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona coffee blew up on TikTok, and it’s just instant coffee, sugar, and hot water whipped into cream, then served over milk. The foamy and sweet coffee mixture on top is stirred into the milk, resulting in a delicious AND pretty drink treat. It can be served hot or cold, but I personally prefer Dalgona iced coffee.
Pumpkin Spice Whipped Coffee Recipe
This paleo and vegan Dalgona coffee puts a Fall twist on the original version, by mixing in pumpkin spice and pumpkin puree into the whipped coffee and milk. The result is just so wonderful and gets me in the mood to knit myself a scarf or make my kid’s next Halloween costume.
Pumpkin Spice Dalgona Coffee Ingredients
There are just 5 main pumpkin spice Dalgona coffee ingredients, if you don’t count water and ice. Because this is a vegan and paleo Dalgona coffee, the ingredients are slightly different than the original version but just as tasty! You’ll notice that this recipe is free of dairy and refined sugars:
- instant coffee: Decaf instant coffee will work as well! Just don’t use regular ground coffee, because it will NOT whip.
- coconut sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
- pumpkin puree: I used canned pumpkin out of convenience, but I bet fresh pumpkin puree would be even better!
- dairy free milk: Use any plant-based milk you like.
How to Make Dalgona Coffee with Pumpkin Spice
- First combine instant coffee, coconut sugar, boiled water, and pumpkin spice in a bowl.
- How to whip coffee: Using a hand mixer, whip at high speed for about 2 minutes until lighter in color and soft peaks form. You can also whip by hand with a whisk or use a handheld milk frother, but these will take longer.
- Whisk together milk and pumpkin puree in a separate bowl.
- For the iced version, fill up 2 glasses with ice then pour in the pumpkin milk mixture. For hot, heat up the milk mixture before dividing it between 2 mugs.
- Spoon the pumpkin spice whipped coffee over the milk. Stir to combine, then enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions About Pumpkin Spice Whipped Coffee
I personally prefer Mount Hagen brand instant coffee. Both their regular and decaf coffee whip amazingly well, and they are both organic and taste amazing. The decaf version doesn’t even taste decaf to me, and I’ve tried a ton of brands to find one that I like since I’m sensitive to caffeine.
Yes, you can. It’ll take longer but it’s possible. How to make whip coffee without a hand mixer:
– By hand: This will take some arm muscle but it will work with patience. Just use a whisk and continue to beat the coffee mixture until lighter in color and soft peaks form.
– With a handheld frother: This method is quicker than doing it by hand. I would place the coffee mixture in a narrow container then froth continuously until the consistency looks right.
It’s actually really easy make a low carb and keto Dalgona coffee. All you have to do is swap the coconut sugar for a monkfruit sweetener 1:1, or just omit it. I omit the sugar sometimes, because I don’t always want sweet coffee. Also, there’s such a small amount of pumpkin puree in the recipe that this won’t affect the carb count too much. You can leave it in to enjoy the pumpkin flavor.
You can keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. It may decrease in volume slightly. You can just stir it right into the milk, or whip it up again before adding it to milk.
If you enjoyed this paleo Dalgona coffee, you might also like…
Paleo & Vegan Pumpkin Spice Whipped Coffee (Dalgona Coffee)
- Combine coffee, coconut sugar, boiled water, and pumpkin spice in a bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, whip at high speed for about 2 minutes until lighter in color and soft peaks form. You can also whip by hand with a whisk or use a handheld milk frother, but these will take longer.
- Whisk together milk and pumpkin puree.
- For iced, fill up 2 glasses with ice then pour in the pumpkin milk mixture. For hot, heat up the mixture first then divide between 2 mugs.
- Divide the pumpkin spice whipped coffee over the milk. Stir to combine, then enjoy!
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.