Happy Easter or Passover weekend! My family was never big about Easter, except going to Church on that Sunday, but if you do gather with family or loved ones, this is the cutest brunch recipe. If you celebrate Passover, skip the bacon, although it hurts my heart to tell you to do so.
This reminds me of mini cupcakes and why people love them. They are fun-sized! Both kid and adults will love this breakfast combo (hash brown, eggs, bacon) packed into a small muffin.
I suggest doubling or tripling the recipe since I made 6 and it’s just enough for 2 people. Leftovers can be reheated quickly or it’s still delicious cold. Have a happy weekend and hope your family starts off each day with a healthy breakfast like this one!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 large eggs
- 2 slices thick cut bacon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a muffin pan with a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Grate the sweet potato so you have a little over 1 cup.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of coconut oil, salt, and pepper with the sweet potato so they are evenly mixed.
- Evenly divide the grated sweet potato into 6 muffin holes and press them down the bottom and sides so they form small cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut bacon slices into small bits and fry them until they just start to crisp.
- When the sweet potato cups are done, crack an egg into each one carefully without breaking the yolk.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and evenly sprinkle bacon bits on top of the eggs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the egg whites are set.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before taking them out of the tin.