Don’t let food allergies stop you from indulging in treats! These soft and chewy Nut-Free Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies are also paleo, vegan, gluten free, and egg free!
Can you believe I don’t have a standard chocolate chip cookie recipe on my blog yet? Well, I can, because I’m the worst baker. But sometimes, the baking gods are on my side and I end up making a treat that’s super delicious and dreamy.
I recently had one of those moments when attempting to make these cassava flour chocolate chip cookies, and no tears were shed from an inevitable #fail (a norm when I’m baking) and I lived through it to share this yummy recipe with you.
Nut-Free Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Now, these are not your standard chocolate chip cookies. They are gluten free and grain free, made with cassava flour and a bit of coconut flour, and they are also paleo and vegan! And if you have some common food allergies in your family, these might be for you because they are also nut-free and egg-free.
Don’t worry though, because they are NOT fun-free. They actually taste amazing and have the perfect amount of chewiness and softness that you love in your favorite cookies.
How to Yield Perfectly Chewy Cookies
Since these are gluten free cookies, you have to treat them a bit differently than regular cookies. Here are some tips to make these cassava flour chocolate chip cookies THE BEST EVER:
- If you are using coconut oil instead of ghee, make sure it’s soft instead of melted. If it’s hard, you can microwave it for 15 seconds at a time, and if it’s melted, you can leave it in the fridge it gets to the right consistency.
- DO NOT pick up the cookies once it’s out of the oven. They will be quite fragile and fall apart if you try to pick them up. Wait about 30 minutes for them to fully cool down before handling them. I know, it’ll be incredibly hard but it’s 100% worth it!
- For even chewier and sturdier texture, keep the cookies in an airtight contain in the refrigerator. I think they taste better when they are cold!
Hope you love these cookies, because my husband and I can’t get enough. We just made these a few days ago and they are already half gone! So dangerous, but so worth it.
Nut-Free Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together ghee (or coconut oil), maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl, whisk together cassava flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
- Stir until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a rounded tablespoon to scoop the dough and place on the baking sheet, flattening it out slightly.
- Repeat with the rest of dough, making sure you give enough space in between to spread a bit.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet for 20-30 minutes before removing and serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They'll get even chewier (in a good way) once cold!
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.