You’ll want to make these sweet and savory Paleo Apple Bacon Pancakes for your next brunch gathering!
I’ll be honest, I don’t love pancakes. They are good from time to time, but I will always prefer something savory (eggs, always) over sweet for breakfast so I usually end up choosing something else. That is… until I made these sweet and savory apple bacon pancakes. Who knew all it took for me to love pancakes was to add some bacon in it? But let’s be real… bacon can make anything better!
This recipe came to me just in time for Mother’s Day, and I’m so excited to share something that can satisfy sweet AND savory taste buds. Don’t you think that special lady in your life will love waking up to the smell of these apple bacon pancakes? I know my mom would.
So if you are looking for an easy and delicious brunch recipe for the weekend, I highly recommend you try these paleo apple bacon pancakes. It has such great flavors and you can top it off with whatever you like, depending on your style.
I added a little bit of maple syrup and a pat of butter, but I think they would also be delicious with some plain yogurt, coconut cream, or even applesauce to bring out the apple flavor even more. I’m drooling just thinking about it!
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup water, or more
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large apple, shredded
- Coconut oil, for frying
- Cook the bacon slices in a large pan over medium heat until crispy. Remove from heat and crumble. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together almond meal, coconut flour, and baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, water, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir together until well mixed.
- Fold in shredded apples and bacon bits.
- If the batter seems too chunky, add more water a tablespoon at a time until it's thick but not runny.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a griddle over medium low heat.
- Drop the pancake batter by ¼ cupfuls into the griddle and spread it out into a circle with a spatula. Cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more coconut oil to the pan to grease.
- Serve with maple syrup.