Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I really enjoyed mine staycation-ing and traveling to rest and relax in Sonoma County for a few days. It’s been a busy but fun week with my family here to celebrate Christmas, and that usually means I spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking and baking meals for them. I don’t mind, but it can be a lot of work and time, so I usually turn to easy recipes that require minimal effort. So when they requested a salty snack to go with their adult beverages, I whipped up this addictive recipe in a flash with whatever I had in the kitchen.
What’s everyone up to for the New Year? I’m honestly not into big celebrations on New Year’s eve and usually end up partying it up in my sweatpants on my couch (which is like, the best kind of partying). But who knows. Last minute plans can change and maybe I’ll force myself into something sparkly… probably not.
OOO, and I’m getting ready for some big changes in the New Year with the website, so stay tuned for some new and exciting news coming up!
Have a Happy New Year, all, and see in you in 2016!!
- ½ lb raw cashews
- ½ lb raw walnuts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped, plus more to taste
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together cashews, walnuts, and melted coconut oil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour out the nuts onto a baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the nuts are golden and crisp.
- If needed, sprinkle with more salt and fresh rosemary while still warm.