This easy but flavorful Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore is a fast and delicious meal any time of the year, and it’s paleo, Whole30, and keto-friendly!
Chicken Cacciatore is one of those Italian dishes that brings me so much comfort and joy. I love any meat dishes in spiced and simmered tomato sauce, and this Instant Pot chicken cacciatore is a perfect example of that. Not only does it taste like it’s been braised for hours, but it actually only take 10 minutes of cooking time in the Instant Pot!
Watch a Quick Video of This Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
And subscribe to my YouTube channel for more cooking videos and other fun tutorials!
The Most Flavorful Chicken Cut
I find that this Instant Pot chicken cacciatore recipe tastes the best and yields the most flavorful results when you use bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. This cut brings out the most juice in the sauce AND the meat will turn out so tender as well. You can, of course, use other chicken cuts, like breasts or boneless, skinless thighs, if that’s what you prefer. I never tried but I bet drumsticks would be amazing as well!
The Instant Pot Size Matters
I cooked this Whole30 chicken cacciatore in a 6-qt Instant Pot. But, if you have one that’s larger, you may want to double the recipes for everything to come to pressure. If you DON’T want to make that much, you can also just double the broth. The sauce may come out a bit more watery, but the flavor will still be there!
How to Serve This Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
This version of chicken cacciatore uses a lot of veggies, so you can totally feel satisfied eating it on its own. But if you want to prepare a side to go with it, these are some of my favorites:
- zucchini noodles
- cauliflower rice
- spaghetti squash
- gluten free pasta
- paleo keto bread
- polenta (if you eat grains)
Hope you enjoy this Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore, that’s full of rustic and comforting flavors. Please leave me a review below of how it turns out if you make it!
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup bone broth or chicken broth
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 14-oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives optional
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat a 6-qt Instant Pot to Sauté and add 2 tbsp of avocado oil.
- Once it indicates that that pot is “hot” add the chicken thighs and brown on both sides for 3 minutes each. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic to the Instant Pot and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in bone broth. Use a wooden spoon to deglaze the pot and scrap up the browned bits on the bottom.
- Select the “Cancel” function and add the rest of the ingredients, except chicken and olives, and stir together.
- Place the chicken thighs in the sauce.
- Secure the lid, make sure the pressure valve is set to “Sealing.”
- Cook on Manual for 10 minutes, and let it naturally release pressure for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in kalamata olives, if using, and taste to adjust season.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, rice, gluten free pasta, zoodles, spaghetti squash, or enjoy alone!
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.