While working with clients going through the RESTART sugar detox program, one of the top concerns they have is what to eat for snacks and how to kill those awful cravings that hit at odd hours, especially during their first week. The key is to always be prepared and to have the right snacks available, so you don’t go off-plan with a “what the heck do I eat” feeling and grab that box of sugar-filled cereal. One of my favorite ways to stay on track is to eat high fat snack bites, called fat bombs, that’ll fill you up quickly while killing those cravings. I love using coconut anything to make fat bombs because it’s easy to digest and the body primarily uses it for energy, instead of storing it as fat. I recently made these blueberry walnut coconut fat bombs that really did the job for me.
Blueberry Walnut Coconut Fat BombsPrint Pin Rate
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place blueberries in a food processor and pulse until they are chopped into fine pieces.
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Pour coconut oil. coconut butter, maple syrup, and blueberries in the pan (no need to combine thoroughly) and bake for 10 minutes until coconut oil and coconut butter are melted, and the blueberries are cooked.
- Take out of the oven and let it cook for 10 minutes, then stir in shredded coconut and chopped walnuts.
- Refrigerate uncovered for at least 30 minutes to let the mixture harden.
- When ready to eat, pull out the parchment paper to remove the hardened layer from the pan.
- Cut into to mini squares and sprinkle with cinnamon if you wish.
- Store in the refrigerator.