This comforting and cozy Instant Pot Cabbage Soup with ground beef is ridiculously easy, yet so flavorful! It’s a healthy Whole30 soup packed with veggies.
Cabbage and ground beef are just the most humble combo that works so well together. They create such a wonderfully comforting flavor and texture, whether they are stir fried, braised, or simmered together in an easy Instant Pot soup recipe like this one.
Instant Pot Cabbage Soup with Ground Beef Recipe
This delicious Whole30 cabbage soup is cooked with ground beef, but is jam-packed healthy, hearty vegetables. While the cabbage is the main star of the dish, there are also onions, carrots, celery, and even diced tomatoes which add a yummy acidity to the soup.
Cooking this Whole30 cabbage soup in the Instant Pot helps it come together easily and quickly, and I just love how all the veggies wilt down and become so tender. It’s just the perfect thing to cozy up with on a cold day.
Tips for Making Instant Pot Cabbage Soup Recipe
- Sauté the vegetables and the ground beef before pressure cooking for better flavor and texture. I’ve pressure cooked all the ingredients together without sautéing just from pure laziness, and I had a much better result when I didn’t skip this step.
- You can substitute with different ground meat like turkey, chicken, pork, or even sausage. I just think ground beef tastes best with a cabbage heavy dish like this one.
- I recommend you use 90/10 ground beef for this Instant Pot cabbage soup recipe so the end result isn’t too greasy.
- Either the 6 qt or 8 qt Instant Pot will work.
- Feel free to experiment with using different veggies you may have on hand. This Whole30 cabbage soup is quite forgiving with substitutions and additions. I’ve used zucchini, potatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower before, and they all turned out delicious.
Can You Freeze This Instant Pot Cabbage Soup?
Not only is this a quick and easy Instant Pot soup recipe, it freezes well too! Here’s how you can freeze this cabbage soup with ground beef so you can have a hearty and comforting meal ready to eat when you are too busy to cook:
- Cool the soup completely.
- Place in airtight freezer-safe containers in individual portions. Leave about an inch of room at the top. The soup will expand as it freezes.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Defrost each container in the refrigerator overnight so you can eat it the next day!
Other recipes you might love…
- Instant Pot Paleo Hamburger Soup (Whole30)
- Instant Pot Whole30 Chili with Spaghetti Squash
- Instant Pot Chicken Soup (Paleo, Whole30, AIP, Keto)
- Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili (Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, or Stovetop)
- Paleo White Chicken Chili (Whole30, Keto)
Instant Pot Cabbage Soup with Ground Beef (Paleo, Whole30)
- Turn the Instant Pot on to Sauté and add avocado oil.
- Once it indicates that it's "hot," add onion and garlic and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, salt, pepper, and oregano, and sauté for 5 minutes until the meat is lightly browned.
- Add carrots and celery and cook stirring for 5 minutes to soften.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and add cabbage, broth, and diced tomatoes. Stir together.
- Screw on the lid and set the pressure valve to Sealing.
- Cook on HIGH for 15 minutes. Once it beeps to a finish, release pressure naturally for 15-20 minutes until the lid slides open easily.
- Serve hot.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.