This quick and easy brussels sprout Caesar salad comes together in just 15 minutes, and makes a perfect side dish coated in flavorful and creamy Caesar dressing. Great for a quick weeknight meal or a holiday dinner!
I know brussels sprouts can get a bad rep sometimes, but it’s one of my favorite vegetables. Some think that they are too bitter, but I’m here to tell you that you may change your mind after trying this delicious Whole30 brussel sprouts recipe. The way you cook and season them really changes the result of the dish, so I highly recommend not giving up on this yummy and healthy vegetable!
Warm Brussel Sprout Caesar Salad Recipe
These Whole30 and paleo brussels sprouts are creamy, crunchy, crispy, and they are packed with flavor. Because you steam brussel sprouts in microwave, then broil them for a short time, the whole dish comes together so quickly and easily. I promise – you’ll have these Caesar brussels sprouts on your table in just 15-20 minutes making it a very easy but fancy-looking side dish.
Made Using Ocean Mist Farms Season & Steam Brussels Sprouts
The reason why this healthy steamed brussel sprouts recipe comes together so fast is through the help of Ocean Mist Farms‘ product: Season & Steam Quick Cook Sprouts Halves. The fresh brussels sprouts come in exclusive technology steam bags, in which you can pre-season the vegetable, seal, then steam in the microwave in just minutes. It’s such a convenient and quick way to feed your family vegetables, and they taste just like they’ve been steamed in a traditional steamer basket! A huge perk is that these brussels sprouts come already washed, trimmed, and halved. So perfect for busy parents like me!
Ingredients in Caesar Brussels Sprouts
- Ocean Mist Farms Season & Steam Brussels Sprout Halves: If you can’t find this at your local store, you can purchase regular brussels sprouts and steam in a steamer basket for 5 minutes.
- Extra virgin olive oil: You can use any other cooking oil you have on hand for this.
- Sliced almonds
- Mayonnaise: For Whole30 and paleo brussels sprouts, you can make your own mayo or this is my favorite brand.
- Dijon mustard
- Anchovy paste
- Salt and pepper
Directions: How to Make Brussels Sprout Caesar Salad
- Open the package of brussels sprouts, and season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Reseal the package, shake, then steam brussel sprouts in microwave for 4-5 minutes according to package instructions.
- Pour the brussels sprouts out on to a baking pan and spread in a single layer. Broil for 5 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Transfer to a large bowl, then in another bowl, whisk together all the Caesar dressing ingredients.
- Pour the Caesar dressing over the brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds, then serve immediately for a delicious and warm brussel sprout caesar salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you can’t find this product, you can just use regular fresh brussels sprouts. Just steam them in a steamer basket for 5 minutes until fork tender. Make sure to season them after they are steamed for this method!
No, you don’t have to broil the brussels sprouts after they are steamed in the microwave. However, I personally like to take this short extra step because I love when the outer layers of the sprouts get browned and crispy.
You can reheat leftovers of this healthy steamed brussel sprouts recipe in the microwave for a minute or 2 until heated through. They are delicious cold as well!
Cooked brussels sprouts will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
If you enjoyed this Whole30 brussel sprouts recipe, you may also like…
Brussels Sprout Caesar Salad (Paleo, Whole30)
- 16 oz package of Ocean Mist Farms Season & Steam Brussels Sprout Halves*
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- Open the package of brussels sprouts, and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Seal, shake to disperse the seasoning, then microwave for 4-5 minutes according to package instructions.
- Transfer the brussels sprouts to a baking pan in a single layer and broil for 5 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Transfer to a bowl, then in another bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the Caesar dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds, then serve warm.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.