Sharing my Equilibria CBD review and the amazing relief I had from my anxiety and sleep issues. I’ve tried other brands and this one has worked the best for me so far. You can also get 15% off your first order with code: JEANCHOI
I’ve been a huge fan of CBD for anxiety and sleep for years, and I recently started taking Equilibria CBD for over a month now. I’ve done a lot of research on CBD, its effects on our body, and how it works, and it’s one of my favorite natural remedies for stress and anxiety, among other health issues.
After consistently using Equilibria CBD, I’m honestly amazed at how well it has worked for me and way better than other brands I’ve tried. I can definitely tell the difference when I forget to take it and I just love the company and the quality of the products. While CBD can seem like a foreign substance to some people, I hope this post sheds light on what it actually is and how helpful in can be!
My Anxiety and Sleep Issues
I’ve suffered from stress-induced anxiety for years now and it affects my mood, energy, and sleep. Not getting enough sleep is my biggest struggle when I’m in a high-anxiety state. It especially affects me at night and I have a hard time shutting off my brain. If you have similar issues, these may sound familiar to you:
- I keep thinking about all the stressful things happening in my life and body tenses up, even my jaws.
- I can easily become depressed and overwhelmed, and it’s hard to get out of this mental state.
- I hear my heartbeat pounding when I try to sleep and it keeps me up.
- I wake up way earlier than I should and can’t fall back asleep.
- Not being able to sleep makes me tired and even more stressed during the day and it becomes a vicious cycle.
With my hormones being inconsistent and all over the place postpartum, my anxiety and stress level also seemed to worsen. I’ve tried all kinds of natural remedies to improve my health during those times. Over the years, I’ve found that CBD is the best natural anxiety relief for me.
I even took it during pregnancy for back pain, sleep, and heartburn, AND I still do while I’m breastfeeding. This is why the quality of CBD that I take is extremely important for me, especially since I like to take it consistently for best results.
CBD Quality Matters
Not all CBD brands are created equal. Some are much higher in quality than others, and this also affects how effective and beneficial they are.
Since the CBD industry is relatively young, you’ll find a lot of brands, even on Amazon, that are not pure in quality (contains contaminants), does NOT work as well, and contains very little CBD. I wouldn’t recommend wasting money on them, unless you fully do your research about the company and how they source their ingredients.
Why I Chose Equilibria
The more I learned about Equilibria CBD, the more I started falling in love with this company. It had everything that I look for in a business like this, with products that are clean and effective:
- Equilibria is a women-owned company, making products FOR women. They “understand that female bodies are different, from cyclical changes to the very real challenges of menopause and childbirth and everything in-between.” As a supporter of women-owned businesses, I just love this about them so much.
- They have their own 1,100-acre farm in Colorado and their products are 100% organic without any fillers.
- Their CBDs are FULL SPECTRUM. This means that they are more than just CBD, and contain other cannabinoids and terpenes (around 3-4x found in other over-the-counter CBD products). This creates compounded benefits to work much better in the body by activating CBD for best efficacy.
- Most importantly, their CBD has been third-party tested for heavy metals, pesticides, VOCs, and other unregulated contaminants. There are no mandatory testing in place for these harmful chemicals in the CBD industry so I always check that companies are proactive about testing their own products.
My Experience with Equilibria CBD
- Daily Drops: This is a quick-acting formula that you hold under your tongue for 60 seconds before swallowing for an instant calming effect. I take this before bedtime and as needed throughout the day in times of anxiety and stress.
- Soft Gels: These slow-release gels give you a long-lasting effect all day to keep you balanced. They are best taken with food and I’ve been taking it in the morning with breakfast.
Neither of these products will give you a “high” feeling or make you sleepy. They contain less than 0.3% THC and it’s 100% legal at such a low dose. The existence of this minuscule amount is what makes the CBD so effective through working together with the other cannabinoids for the “entourage effect.”
I noticed a difference in how I felt with the Daily Drops right away. I was instantly calmer and less anxious in the evenings with just 1 dropper (10mg). I actually slept way better throughout the night as well.
I also noticed that even if I don’t sleep as long (I have a 6-month-old baby, so sleep can be a challenge at times), I actually feel much more well-rested because I sleep more deeply. This alone was amazing to me.
The effects from the Soft Gels weren’t as noticeable right away, because they are slow-releasing and you can’t feel the dramatic difference. HOWEVER, I noticed that I felt much calmer and focused throughout the day after about 2 weeks for consistently taking them. On top of that, I definitely could feel the difference when I FORGOT to take them.
When I’m experiencing acute stress or panic during the day, I take half dropper of the Daily Drops and this helps me breathe better and mellow me out in just a few minutes.
With COVID-19, we are all in a crazy season of life right now and I’m so thankful to have Equilibria CBD to help me feel less anxious and depressed during this stressful time. My jaws have also been sore from me clenching on them before taking CBD, and that disappeared as well after a few weeks of using Equilibria.
Overall, I feel much better when I take CBD. I have a ton of digestive and health issues that surface during times of stress, and they’ve been so much more manageable and under control during this time.
What is CBD and What Are The Benefits
CBD stands for cannabidiol, and it’s a natural substance in the Cannabis Sativa plant. It’s grown in a way that’s completely legal and produces less than 0.3% THC, and it won’t get you high.
These compounds react with our endocannabinoid system, which is composed of neurotransmitters that play a huge role in our sleep, anxiety, inflammation, and mood.
While our bodies produce our own natural cannabinoids, taking cannabinoids derived from the plant actually enhances our body’s ability to make our own! This means that high quality CBD can:
- improve chronic insomnia and sleep issues
- improve mood and reduce anxiety
- decrease inflammation and pain issues in the body (I suggest the Relief Cream for acute pain and soreness.)
- keep stress at bay and make it much more manageable
- improve digestive health
What’s also very cool is that Equilibria products are currently being used in clinical trials at universities around the U.S.!
What’s the Right Dosage For You?
What’s awesome about Equilibria is that they have an in-house dosage specialist who’ll provide a FREE individualized consultation to help you find the exact right dose for your needs. This specialist will jump on a call with you and make recommendations based on your goals and lifestyle, as well as what to do differently for specific situations.
To start, they do recommend 1 Soft Gel at nighttime, OR take it in the morning if you are also using the Daily Drops. Fore the Daily Drops, they recommend one full dropper (10mg) every evening. After 5 days, you can schedule an appointment with the dosage specialist to see how you can adjust your dose.
Consistency is Key.
You will get the most long term benefits by taking CBD everyday. This is because CBD builds up in your system over time, and taking it everyday helps build a sustained level in our body.
This is why it makes total sense that I was really able to feel the difference and experience the full benefits after 2 weeks of taking it daily! And this is why I highly recommend signing up for the monthly subscription so you don’t run out AND to save money. You can change or cancel at any time.
CBD During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
I personally felt comfortable taking CBD during pregnancy and I still do while I breastfeed. Unfortunately, the pregnant and nursing population is the last to be tested with any clinical trial, so there is no solid data on the effects that CBD can have. I would consult with a health professional that you are working with to make your own decision.
If you DO feel that it’s right for you, QUALITY MATTERS. Make sure the CBD is organic and that it’s been tested for contaminants, mold, and heavy metals like Equilibria‘s has.
For me, after researching about how CBD works in our body, I felt that it was safe and I prefer it over any over-the-counter pharmaceutical drug. When I was pregnant, it was the only thing that helped tremendously with back pain, heartburn, and sleep issues. I figured, if I’m calm and less stressed, it’s better for the baby as well.
With that being said, if you are worried that it may affect you or your baby in any way while taking it, it’s probably not for you. That anxiety and stress alone will do more harm than good.
I hope you find my Equillibria CBD review helpful, and that I answered any question you may have about CBD and its benefits.
If you are interested in trying out their high quality CBD for yourself…
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.