Make perfectly steamed Paleo Instant Pot Broccoli, along with the most delicious “roasted” garlic lemon dressing, all without turning on the oven!
Broccoli is one of those side dishes that’s a staple in our house. It goes well with almost all dishes, and it’s one of the few vegetable that my husband actually enjoys. I used to love roasted broccoli, but recently switched over to the steamed version. Either way, broccoli is just so delicious in all forms, and I especially love it seasoned with garlic and lemon.
One of the newest ways I’ve been cooking broccoli that’s been a LIFE CHANGER is in the Instant Pot. It’s so easy, SO quick, and there are just so many less dishes at the end of it all. In this “Roasted” Garlic Lemon Paleo Instant Pot Broccoli, both the garlic and broccoli are cooked in the Instant Pot and all if it’s done in less than 30 minutes.
You may be confused with the instructions when it says that you set the Instant Pot to 0 minutes for the broccoli, but that’s correct. The broccoli will cook super quickly as the Instant Pot comes to pressure, and that’s all it needs. You release the pressure as soon as you hear it beep, and you’ll have a perfectly cooked broccoli that’s ready to be seasoned.
And the “roasted” garlic lemon dressing, guys. I kinda wanna put it on EVERYTHING. It’s such a great flavor combo and I couldn’t stop eating these until they were gone. If you are in need of a new way to prepare your broccoli, I highly recommend you try this Instant Pot method, because it’s absolutely delicious. I’m pretty sure this will be the only way we cook broccoli until we get sick of it!
"Roasted" Garlic Lemon Paleo Instant Pot Broccoli
- 1 small head of garlic
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads of broccoli separated into florets (about 6 cups of florets)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper Omit for AIP
- Sprinkle of crushed red pepper, for garnish Optional: omit for AIP
- Slice off the top of the garlic head.
- Pour water into the Instant Pot and fit a steamer basket over the water.
- Place the garlic head on the steamer and drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil over it.
- Close the the lid and make sure the pressure valve is set to SEALING. Set it to HIGH on MANUAL for 8 minutes.
- Once it beeps to a finish, wait 10 minutes for the pressure to release naturally.
- Open the lid and carefully remove the garlic and set aside to cool. Leave the water and the steamer basket in the Instant Pot.
- Add broccoli florets to the Instant Pot on the steamer basket, while the water is still hot.
- Close the the lid and make sure the pressure valve is set to SEALING. Set it to MANUAL for 0 minutes.
- Immediate release the pressure valve once it beeps to a finish and open the lid.
- Transfer the broccoli florets to a mixing bowl.
- Once the garlic is cool enough to handle, gently squeeze out the cloves and place in a blender.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the blender with the garlic cloves and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the lemon garlic sauce over the broccoli. Gently toss together. Taste and add more sea salt, if needed.
- Garnish with crushed red peppers, if using, and serve.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.