Pan fried or grilled mint chimichurri lamb chops are incredibly flavorful, tender, and delicious! This Whole30 and keto meal is great any time of the year, and even fancy enough for the holidays.
When it comes to red meat like steak or lamb, chimichurri sauce is always the perfect pairing. Not only does the zippy and fresh flavor tone down the gaminess, the herby brightness of the sauce just tastes amazing. This dish combines juicy and tender lamb chops with a zesty mint chimichurri recipe that you’ll want to put on everything.
Mint Chimichurri Lamb Chops Recipe
These Whole30 and keto lamb chops look fancy, but are super easy to make and they are very quick too. Lamb rib chops are marinated then pan fried (or grilled), then drizzled with the mint chimichurri sauce before serving. Simple, flavorful, and fantastic in flavor!
Easy Mint Chimichurri Recipe
The mint chimichurri recipe for these Whole30 lamb chops really brighten up the dish so I recommend you don’t skip on it. You just throw all ingredients in the food processor and the sauce comes together in just a few short minutes.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic clove
- red wine vinegar
- sea salt
- red pepper flakes
You probably have most of these already in your pantry. If you don’t have a food processor, you can just chop the herbs and garlic clove very finely, then mix everything together!
How to Pan Fry Lamb Chops
While many lamb recipes roast the rack of lamb whole, I love separating them before cooking to pan fry or grill individually. This method forms a nice seared crust on both sides and cooks the meat so fast! Here’s how to pan fry lamb chops easily:
- If not done already, separate the lamb rib chops into individual sections with a sharp knife. Add the chops to a resealable bag.
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade and whisk together. Pour over the lamb, and massage to coat evenly.
- Place in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours to overnight.
- Remove the lamb from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking to let it come to room temperature.
- Heat a skillet or the grill over medium high heat until sizzling hot.
- Pan fry or grill the lamb for 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This is my go-to pan fried lamb chops recipe that works beautifully every time. If you like your lamb medium or medium well, just add 1-2 minutes per side.
Notes About Mint Chimichurri Lamb Chops
- You probably won’t use all of the mint chimichurri sauce. You can save it for up to a week in the refrigerator, and use it on steak and other meats!
- If you are planning to double these paleo lamb chops, just double the marinade and the meat. You’ll have plenty of the mint chimichurri for a double batch.
- If you are looking for AIP lamb chops, you can easily make these compliant by omitting ground black pepper in the marinade and the red pepper flakes in the mint chimichurri sauce recipe. That’s it! You’ll still have a delicious and flavorful dish.
- Got leftovers? Just store these keto lamb chops in the fridge and pan fry for 1 minute per side when ready to enjoy them again.
If you enjoyed paleo and Whole30 lamb chops, you might also like:
- Turmeric Garlic Pan Fried Lamb Chops
- Thai Green Curry Lamb Loin Chops
- Grilled Greek Lamb Skewers (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
- Grilled Keto Halibut Steaks with Basil Chimichurri Sauce (Paleo, Whole30, AIP Option)
- Paleo Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce (Whole30, AIP, Keto)
Mint Chimichurri Lamb Chops (Paleo, Whole30, Keto, AIP)
- 8 lamb rib chops separated
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or your favorite cooking oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper omit for AIP
- If not done already, separate the lamb into individual sections with a sharp knife. Place in a resealable bag.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the marinade and pour over the lamb. Seal the bag and massage the marinade into the lamb to coat evenly. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to overnight.
- Remove the lamb from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- While the lamb is coming to room temperature, make the chimichurri sauce: Place all its ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. You can also finely chop the herbs and garlic by hand and mix together. Set aside at room temperature.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add avocado oil. If grilling, heat over medium high heat and grease the grates.
- Pan fry the lamb for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium rare (130 degrees internal temperature).
- Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve, drizzled with mint chimichurri sauce.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.