This oat-free vegan and paleo n’oatmeal is a delicious breakfast item that comes together in minutes. You’ll love how creamy this orange creamsicle n’oatmeal is!
Mmm, n’oatmeal (not oatmeal)! Have you ever tried it? It’s an oat-free breakfast porridge that’s low in carbs, filling, and super quick to come together. I honestly can’t tell the difference between this and the real thing, and I used to eat oatmeal ALL the time during my low-fat-errything days.
Orange Creamsicle N’Oatmeal Recipe
And if you’ve never tried it before, this orange creamsicle n’oatmeal is an excellent way to start. It’s absolutely delicious and creamy, and you’ll be reminded of the Creamsicle bars you used to get from the ice cream truck as a child. They were my absolute favorite!
Why I Don’t Eat Oats
To be clear, I have nothing against oats and I don’t think they are bad for you if they don’t bother you. However, I know that for me (and for many others), the carb content is too high and it’ll bring on some unpleasant candida symptoms that I’m still healing from. Also, there are many people can’t tolerate grains because they cause inflammation, so a n’oatmeal is a great option that they can enjoy without those symptoms!
Yummy Seasonal Toppings
There are so many ways you can dress up a n’oatmeal with different flavors and toppings, but these blood oranges were calling my name at the farmers market last week. I just love creating recipes based on the local produce I find, and it helps me stay under budget, eat seasonally, and get creative in the kitchen.
If you are a coconut and an orange lover, I think you’ll love this breakfast option. You can even make a big batch ahead of time and heat it up in the microwave on busy mornings. Just make sure to add the toppings right before you dig in. Hope you enjoy!
Orange Creamsicle N'Oatmeal
- Place orange and coconut milk in a high powered blender, and blender for 1-2 minutes, until completely smooth.
- Pour out into a small saucepan, and add almond meal, chia seeds, shredded coconut, maple syrup (if using), and sea salt.
- Heat over medium low heat, stirring constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla extract and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with your favorite toppings (nuts, toasted coconut flakes, chocolate chips, orange slices, etc) and serve warm.