This paleo and vegan Roasted Whole30 Greek Salad is so vibrant and healthy with various yummy vegetables, and it’s the perfect dish to bring to a picnic or a potluck!
You know what food makes me feel the best? A Hugh Jass salad with all the vegetables with a generous dose of healthy fats. Then add a yummy protein like chicken, steak, or salmon and that’s a perfect meal to me.
Roasted Whole Greek Salad Recipe
Recently, I’ve been way more into roasted vegetables than raw ones because they are easier to digest and they are so much tastier to me. Roasted veggies also last so much longer if you have leftovers in the fridge without wilting down like fresh ones, and cooking up a big batch once to eat throughout the week makes it so much easier to get in my daily dose of vegetables. That’s what got me making this Roasted Whole30 Greek Salad, and the combination of various vegetables in this recipe tastes divine coated in some lemony Greek-inspired dressing.
Packed with Nutrients
I mean… how gorgeous is this assortment of nature’s candy? This Whole30 Greek Salad is definitely my version of “eat the rainbow.” After you roast most of the veggies, you then add in olives, cucumber, and the dressing, and mix them all together. So many delicious flavors, textures, an d nutrients in one dish!
Perfect for a Picnic or Potluck
This Roasted Whole30 Greek Salad also tastes better the longer it sits after the flavor has some time to build, so it’s great for bringing to a picnic or a potluck. It’s also great for batch cooking and eating throughout the week. I’ve been pretty busy these day, so having this salad for leftovers as an easy side has been such a lifesaver!
Roasted Whole30 Greek Salad
- 1 bunch of asparagus tough ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red bell pepper cored and chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup cubed cucumber
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place asparagus, onion, cherry tomatoes, and red bell pepper on a baking sheet.
- Add avocado oil and toss together to coat.
- Lay the vegetables in an even layer and roast for 20 minutes, stirring them halfway through.
- While the vegetables are roasting, combine all ingredients for the dressing in a mason jar.
- Screw on the lid and shake vigorously until emulsified. Set aside.
- Once the vegetables are done cooking, transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- Add kalamata olives and cucumbers.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss together until combined. Add more salt if needed.
- Serve at room temperature.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.