This creamy paleo cauliflower gnocchi with spinach and mushrooms are so decadent and delicious, and easy to make! It’s a beautiful and rich meatless dish that everyone will love.
With Spring just around the corner, I don’t want to give up on my rich and creamy dishes just yet. Thankfully, this paleo cauliflower gnocchi recipe is yummy and warming enough to be comforting, while tasting light enough for transitioning to warmer weather!
Paleo Cauliflower Gnocchi with Spinach and Mushrooms Recipe
I love a good gnocchi dish. There’s something about those soft and pillowy bites covered in a delicious sauce that bring me so much joy! These gnocchi are made with steamed cauliflower, making it a lower carb option, and they are grain free and paleo because they are made with cassava flour and coconut flour. However, you’ll never guess by the amazing taste and texture.
The combination of the paleo cauliflower gnocchi with cooked down mushrooms and spinach covered in a flavorful, creamy sauce is just heaven in one bite. With a beautiful melding of spices, garlic, and the cheesiness from nutritional yeast, it’s a dish you’ll want to make over and over again whether you are just with your family or have guests over!
Best Way to Enjoy These Paleo Cauliflower Gnocchi
This dish will taste the best served right after it’s cooked, hot and steaming. It’s filling enough to eat alone, but if you like some kind of protein at every meal, you can eat it alongside some roasted chicken or even stir in some cooked ground beef or sausages!
If you do have leftovers, I find that the best way to heat it up again is in a pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until just heated through. Make sure not to reheat it for much longer than that, or the gnocchi will turn mushy!
Hope you enjoy this delicious paleo cauliflower gnocchi with spinach and mushrooms. It’s so delicious that it’s become one of my favorite recipes. I actually have another gnocchi recipe using avocado pesto as the sauce, so if you try out both, let me know which one you like more!
Paleo Cauliflower Gnocchi with Spinach and Mushrooms
- 1 head of cauliflower about 4 cups of florets
- 1 cup cassava flour plus more if needed
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/4 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Place a steamer insert into a large saucepan and pour in water to just below the bottom of the steamer.
- Turn the heat to medium high and bring the water to a boil.
- Bring down the heat to medium low to simmer, then add cauliflower florets, cover, and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the pot and transfer to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add cassava flour, coconut flour, egg, and sea salt, and pulse until combined and forms a dough.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- If dough is too sticky, add cassava flour 1 tbsp at a time while kneading until it reaches the right consistency.
- Sprinkle some cassava flour on a large cutting board or a clean countertop.
- Roll your dough into ropes about ½ to ¾ inch thick, then cut the ropes into pieces that are about 1 inch long. If you’d like, use a fork to create indents on the gnocchi.
- Store half of the gnocchi in an airtight container in the refrigerator or the freezer, and save it for lagter. Use the other half for the this recipe.
- In a deep dish pan, heat avocado oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, until browned and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme, and dried oregano, and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, and cauliflower gnocchi.
- Wait until everything starts boiling, then turn down the heat to medium low. Cover, and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in nutritional yeast, spinach, salt, and pepper, then cover and simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Stir well and taste to adjust seasoning. Serve immediately.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.