This healthy and decadent Vegan & Paleo Cherry Garcia Ice Cream does not disappoint, and it’s guaranteed to cool you down in the sweltering heat!
It’s about time I came out with a new ice cream recipe on this blog! And I think you might see them more from now on because I just bought an ice cream machine, and my LIFE HAS CHANGED. I have a few no-churn ice cream recipes on here, and while they are delicious, they don’t compare to the texture of the churned version and I’m fully on board with making the switch.
Vegan & Paleo Cherry Garcia Ice Cream Recipe
I was a bit ambitious with my very first churned ice cream, and decided to make a version of Ben & Jerry’s classic favorite. This Vegan & Paleo Cherry Garcia Ice Cream tastes pretty darn close to the real thing, but it’s made with coconut milk and soaked cashews and is JUST as creamy!
I used to LOVE Cherry Garcia ice cream growing up, and would go crazy over the combination of tart cherries and crunchy chocolate in the sweet vanilla ice cream. While the original version contains guar gum, carrageenan, and soy lecithin, my version is squeaky clean with all REAL ingredients and I couldn’t be happier with the way it turned out.
Finding Vegan and Paleo Chocolate
This Vegan & Paleo Cherry Garcia Ice Cream recipe uses shaved chocolate that you should NOT omit, but I completely understand that it can be a bit difficult to find dairy free and soy free chocolate bars. After doing some research, I discovered Enjoy Life Chocolate, and I highly recommend you use their chocolate bar for this recipe.
Not only is it delicious (I love to enjoy a piece for dessert), it’s paleo and vegan, free of eggs, wheat, dairy, soy, and nuts, so it’s great for anyone with food allergies.
I hope you love this recipe as much as my husband and I did. We’ve been enjoy a scoop each after dinner, and I love that I can indulge in one of my favorite desserts without a ton of sugar and fake ingredients. It’s the best and most delicious way to #treatyoself in my opinion!
Paleo & Vegan Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup cashews soaked for at least 2 hours
- 14 oz can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cherries pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup shaved dark chocolate
- Place drained cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour this mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Once the ice cream begins to thicken, add shaved dark chocolate and cherries to the ice cream.
- Serve right away for a softer ice cream, or transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer until ready.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.