These vegan and paleo Chocolate Mousse Stuffed Strawberries are so adorable to look at, easy to make, and are a healthy, delicious dessert for Valentine’s Day or any occasion!
For me, Valentine’s Day (or any occasion for that matter) is all about having a great meal instead of the dessert being the highlight of the celebration. So if I do want to enjoy something sweet, I prefer something small that I can eat in a bite or 2, and I created this recipe with exactly that in mind.
Today, I’m putting a twist on the classic chocolate covered strawberries by putting the chocolate INSIDE, and the result is these Paleo Chocolate Mousse Stuffed Strawberries that may be just too adorable to eat. And best of all, the chocolate mousse is made with avocados, making this a healthy little treat though you’ll never know it.
You do need a piping bag to make this recipe, especially if you want to make it pretty with the chocolate peaks coming out of the strawberries. But if you don’t have one, you can try to stuff the strawberries with a small spoon or a knife, and then cover it up with toppings of your choice.
I used a combination of shredded coconut flakes, chopped almonds, chopped goji berries, and chocolate chips to top the stuffed strawberries, and they all turned out so cute and so yummy. I highly recommend using some kind of nuts, because that crunchy texture is SO GOOD with the creamy mousse and tart strawberries.
You can also make these a day ahead and then refrigerate until they are ready to eat. It’s a perfect easy, bite-sized treat if you need something sweet and yummy!
Paleo Chocolate Mousse Stuffed Strawberries
Paleo Chocolate Mousse
- 1 pint strawberries
- Optional toppings: coconut flakes, crushed nuts, chocolate chips, chopped dried fruits
- Halve the avocado, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh into a blender.
- Add cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut the bottom end of the strawberries where the stems are attached, so they can stand upright.
- Use a knife or kitchen shears to cut an X at the tips of the strawberries about 2/3 of the way down.
- Place the chocolate mousse in a piping bag with a tip of your choice.
- Pipe the chocolate mousse into each strawberry. Sprinkle with your choice of toppings, if using.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.