These delicious Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes with Maple Vanilla Frosting are a healthy and yummy treat for any occasion!
You guys, I can’t believe it. What Great Grandma Ate is 3 years old today! I feel so blessed to be doing what I absolutely love to do, and this blog has been my baby that I’ve given my all to. I’ve never been so passionate about anything else before this, and I wake up everyday with so much gratitude and happiness because I still can’t believe creating delicious recipes and sharing nutrition tips is my job!
When I first started this blog (it was then called Primal Health with Jean), I didn’t know if I wanted to become a full time blogger. I mostly wanted a creative outlet and a place to market my nutrition consulting business. I didn’t really take blogging seriously back then.
Well, the more I started creating various content and the more I started interacting with YOU lovely readers, I fell in love with it more and more. At the same time, I started realizing that working with nutrition clients was draining me energetically and it didn’t feel right for me. So a year ago, I decided to take blogging way more seriously and invested a lot more into it. Today, I don’t regret this decision AT ALL, because it helped me grow so much personally and in my career.
So, to celebrate, I want to thank YOU most of all being so supportive through my growth. Whether you are new or have been a long time fan, you truly have made What Great Grandma Ate what it is today, and I wouldn’t be able to do what I do without you!
Also, of course, I’m sharing a special treat with you as a sign of gratitude. These Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes with Maple Vanilla Frosting are so moist, delicious, and chocolate-y, you would never guess that it’s gluten and grain free. The cashew based maple vanilla frosting is so creamy and you won’t want to make this without it.
Hope you enjoy these yummy cupcakes, and THANK YOU again for following along. I plan to bring you more exciting recipes and content in the future, so I hope you stick around!
Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes with Maple Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 6-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a food processor, combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, tapioca starch, baking soda, and sea salt. Pulse until well combined.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients and pulse together until well mixed, scraping down the side if necessary.
- Divide the batter evenly into each cupcake liner, filling it up no more than 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Move to a cooling rack and cool completely before icing.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make the Maple Vanilla Cashew Frosting. Drain the soaked cashews and place in a high-powered blender.
- Add the the rest of the ingredients in the blender, and blend together until smooth and creamy.
- Chill for 15 minutes before icing the cupcakes.
- If using, garnish with shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Store the cupcakes in the refrigerator before serving.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.