Happy Friday, you beautiful humans! I’m in such a happy mood today, because a lot of good things happened this week and I’m excited to share them with you! These are just a few things taking over my life right now:
- We found a house to live in! We’ve been living in an Airbnb in Los Angeles until we find a permanent place to rent, so it’s a been a stressful week of house hunting. But our application got accepted for a BEAUTIFUL house with a HUGE backyard in Long Beach! Guys, I haven’t lived in a house in forever. It’s been apartment living for over past 10 years, and it’s so exciting to finally have a house to live in. We move in at the end of this month!
- I’m a guest on a podcast for the first time ever! A few moths ago, Dr. Jon Rojjanasrirat, a chiropractor and an health advocate, approached me and asked if I would like to be on his podcast, and I had to say yes! You can tell I was nervous by how I stumble on some of the words, but I talk about topics I’m passionate about: sugar detox, stress management, and self love. Go give it a listen!
- Beautiful springtime produce and recipes are on my mind! First up: this Bruschetta Sweet Potato Toast!
Sweet potato toast has been trending like crazy recently, so I feel like I’m late in the game but I had to try it out! My love for sweet potatoes goes deep so using them as “toast” to top with delicious things? Well, that’s a no-brainer for me. And refreshing and delicious bruschetta screams Spring to me. This is such a epic combo, you have to try it out!
I’ve seriously been eating this Bruschetta Sweet Potato Toast for the past several days because I just can’t get enough! The tartness of the bruschetta complements the sweetness of the sweet potatoes and I’ve been loving it for breakfast, lunch, and even as a snack.
I’m excited to bring you more delicious and fun recipes like this one this season so come check back often or sign up for my newsletter to get all the latest updates. Hope you have a beautiful weekend, friends!
- 2 large tomatoes or 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup chopped basil leaves
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- In a big bowl, mix together all the ingredients, except for sweet potatoes. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- While the bruschetta marinates, cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into ¼ inch thick pieces.
- Pop the sweet potatoes slices in the toaster until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can bake them in the preheated 400 degree F oven for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Top with spoonfuls of bruschetta, and serve!