Sharing my 2020 healthy holiday gift guide so you can shop easily for everyone in your family. This guide includes gifts for self care, beauty, healthy home, cooks, moms, babies, and more!
I also made sure to include many small businesses, women-owned businesses, and black-owned businesses, and I’ve noted them for each product I mention.
Since most of us aren’t leaving the house much this year, we are all looking to entertain ourselves at home and make our home a more comfortable place. Hope this gift guide helps you and your loved ones do just that!
In this post…
Healthy Holiday Gift Guide 2020
Business type key:
If you see these acronyms next to the items, you’ll know what type of business they are:
SB = small business
WO = women-owned
BO = black-owned
For The Self Care Lover
- Equilibria Joy of Sleep Gift Set (SB, WO) – 15% off your 1st order with code JEANCHOI: The perfect set to wind down for a deep restful sleep. Comes with limited edition spiced bergamot CBD drops, Softgels, CBD infused bath salts, and a sleep mask – all in a gorgeous exclusive holiday pouch. 5% of sale benefits Black Girl Ventures, and you can read my blog post about why I love this CBD brand so much and how much it has helped me.
- Clean Crafted Wine Gift Set (WO): Edible and drinkable gifts are always a winning option and these wine gift sets come in stylish gift boxes that you don’t have to wrap. These organic, low sulfite, low sugar wines are some of the only wines that haven’t given me a headache the next day.
- 2021 Auralign Astrology Planner (SB, WO, BO): If you know someone who loves to stay organized and is interested in astrology, this astrology planner makes a beautiful gift. Not only do I love the design, the intention behind this planner is beautiful. From the creator: “The mission of The Aligned Life Planner is simple: help motivated people who already respect nature & the stars, stay more connected to it while manifesting their goals. I hope to inspire you to stay connected with mother earth and the cosmos while getting aligned with your greater purpose.”
- Primally Pure Gua Sha Stone (SB, WO) – 10% off your 1st purchase with code: JEAN10: I’ve tried many gua sha stones, and this one is my favorite for releasing tension on my face, increasing circulation, and providing all the anti-aging benefits. It’s the perfect shape and size, comes in a high quality case.
- Primally Pure Facial Masks (SB, WO) – 10% off your 1st purchase with code: JEAN10: These facial masks are my favorite natural masks on the market. I personally love the Plumping Mask for hydration and fighting wrinkles, but there 2 more for acne/oily skin and for fighting inflammation.
Organic, Toxin-Free Tea Bundle (SB) – Get 5% off your first order with code: JEAN5: I love Pique Tea products and they have some of the cleanest organic teas on the market that have been third party tested for toxins. These tea bundles allow you to choose the specific teas you want to create a perfect gift package.
- Ultimate Renewal Bath Set (WO): All the clean beauty products for the perfect spa experience at home. This set contains products that are so hydrating and nourishing for dry winter skin: an ultra soft dry brush, Sugarbuff Body Polish with exfoliating organic sugar beads, and Luminous Hydration Body Oil, formulated with nutrient-rich botanical oils with added rosewater – it’s super gentle for sensitive and dry skin.
- Fontana Candle Company candles with Holiday Matches (SB, WO): I love these natural toxin-free candles made with beeswax and coconute oil, and scented with pure essential oils. I did a huge research on toxin-free candles last year and these candles were some of the best I found on the market. And the holiday matches are so cute and perfect for the season!
- Light Therapy Lamp: With the dark winter and short days already in full swing, this light therapy lamp is one of the most safe and therapeutic options on the market without breaking the bank. Perfect for anyone who experiences seasonal affective disorder, it contains 99.3 percent UV-free LED light and 10,000-lux light intensity, combined with its large, 15½-by-12½-inch face. That means you don’t have to sit in front of it for more than 30 minutes!
- Modern Crochet: Patterns and Designs for the Minimalist Maker (SB, WO): I’ve been following Teresa for a long time and I LOVE her knitting and crochet patterns and tutorials. She creates gorgeous modern pieces that are great for both beginners and advanced knitters. Her book is fantastic for anyone who loves to knit or crochet, or want to start trying!
For a Healthy & Comforting Home
- Plants from My Crazy Plant Life (SB, WO, BO): As a collector myself, I always recommend plants as gifts. You can never have too much to cozy up a space and make it more homey. I highly recommend this shop which delivers some of the most gorgeous, hard-to-find indoor plants to your door at an affordable price.
- Studionom Fabric Wall Art (SB, WO, BO): When I first browsed through this online shop, I was blown away by how gorgeous these wall hangings were. It features stunning and modern macrame art that adds color and zen to your space.
- Primally Pure Palo Santo Collection (SB, WO) – 10% off your 1st purchase with code: JEAN10: The purifying and uplifting scent of palo santo is known to relax the nervous system and reduce anxiety. This collection features an aromatherapy mist, roller oil, and palo santo sticks for a mindful practice at home. I love the company’s respect to the roots of this tradition, and the products are sustainably sourced to support reforestation and local communities in Ecuador.
- Pepper Palm Colorful Planters (SB, WO, BO): Colorful and fun planters for your plants! These terra cotta pots are hand-painted with various colors and designs, and I want one for every room of the house.
- Softening Hand Duo (WO): This is a set of luxurious hand soap and lotion that looks gorgeous on your kitchen or bathroom sink. They come in limited edition giant frosted glass bottles and scented with heavenly fresh neroli. I love that the soap cleans hands without over-drying and the lotion provides fast-absorbing hydration.
Morgan Harper Nichols 2021 Wall Calendar (SB, WO, BO): If you don’t follow Morgan Harper Nichols in Instagram, you are missing out! She creates such beautiful imagery and words that always seem to speak right to my soul. This 2021 calendar is a compilation of her art and poetry that’ll bring you peace and comfort with every new month.
- Things By HC Plant Propagation Cradle (SB, BO): I’ve been learning so much from Hilton Carter about how propagate plants from clippings, and this gorgeous wooden cradle allows you to do that with style. So much prettier and easier than doing in a regular old glass!
- Air Purifier: Air quality in California hasn’t been great with forest fires, and many of us are living with some kind of air pollution. This small and compact bedroom air purifier is quiet and effective with a True HEPA Filter and an Activated Carbon filter, which isn’t common with smaller models.
- Charcoal Air Purifying Bags: For a more compact gift that also cleans out indoor air, these charcoal air purifying bags are made from nature micro-porous activated bamboo charcoal. They are VERY effective for reducing odor in small spaces like the closet, fridge, gym bags, cars, bathrooms, and more.
- Baloo Weighted Throw Blanket (SB, WO): This 100% cotton vegan premium weighted blanket is machine-washable and dryer safe. The fill includes lab-tested, lead-free glass microbeads, and the blanket’s weight conforms to your body like a hug. I love that Baloo also donates a portion of its profits to the Pajama Program as well!
For the Cook or Foodie
- Air Fryer: I hesitated for a long time about purchasing an air fryer and it’s one of the appliances I now use the most in my kitchen. This specific one is stainless steel where the food touches without any nonstick coating. It crisps up food beautifully and it’s so easy to use!
- Always Pan by Our Place (SB, WO) – Get $20 off your 1st order with my link: I’m not gonna lie, I bought this pan after being influenced on Instagram. It’s just so gorgeous. But not only does it look nice, it’s actually a great multi-purpose pan with a non-toxic, non-stick ceramic coating that comes in a perfect size for everyday use.
Jungalow Woven Kitchen Utensil Holder (SB, WO, BO): This utensil holder is a beautiful gift for anyone who spends a lot of time in the kitchen. It’s handmade in Uganda with raffia and sweet grass. Bonus perk: at least two trees are planted with every single order at Jungalow and they have some gorgeous items, so browse around!
- Handwritten Recipe Cutting Board (SB, WO): This is such a beautiful gift, especially if you have family recipes that have been handed down through generations. Each cutting board is personalized with engravings of a handwritten recipe, and there’s also a double-sided option.
- Carbon Steel Skillet: I recently bought myself this carbon steel skillet and I’m in love! While it does take quite some time to season, it’s wonderful once you break into it. There’s no toxic coating, it cooks food beautifully, and I love that it’s lighter than a cast iron skillet.
- WMF Touch Chef’s Knife: I’ve invested in so many different knives at all different price points, and this affordable stainless steel chef’s knife is the one I use the most. It’s light, great for all things, and ridiculously sharp. It’s guaranteed to be overused!
- Instant Pot Smart WiFi 8-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker: I will always have the Instant Pot in my gift guides because it’s one of the best appliances I own. This one has a smart WiFi feature so you can connect with the phone app or Alexa. There’s nothing like the convenience and speed of cooking in this electric pressure cooker!
- Electric Knife Sharpener: As any seasoned cook would know, it’s the most annoying thing to have dull knives to work with. This electric knife sharpener sharpens knives easily and quickly without the teeth-aching noise of manual sharpeners.
- KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer: I didn’t realize what I’ve been missing until I invested in a KitchenAid stand mixer. I use it way more than I expected to and not just for baking. It’s great for shredding meat, mixing meat for meatballs or meatloaf, making dough for bread, and you can buy separate attachments for spiralizing, cutting pasta, and more!
- No Crumbs Left Ceramic Bowls (SB, WO): I absolutely love these gorgeous handmade bowls by Teri from No Crumbs Left. They come in various sizes and colors, and they are so well made. I have the Marinated Onion Bowl and Everything Bowl, and they both get used all the time!
For the Beauty & Makeup Lover
- Golden Hour All-In-One Palette (WO): This talc-free, all-in-one palette captures that golden hour glow. Includes 4 gleaming eyeshadows, a warm blush, and an illuminating highlighter that’s flattering for all skin tones! It also comes with a removable mirror so you can apply on-the-go. 10% of the proceeds from this palette are being donated to Kailash Satyarthi Childrens Foundation.
- Winter Warmth Duo (WO): For anyone who loves a little shimmery glow, this set is at a lower price point than the previous palette and includes the Sunlit Highlighting Powder and a Silky Cream Eyeshadow. Safe ingredients that provide high-vibrancy color!
- Blackhead Remover Pore Vacuum: For anyone dealing with blackheads or whiteheads, this little pore vacuum is the most satisfying skin care tool. Using powerful suction, it removes all the impurities in your pores quickly and easily. I use it weekly after cleansing and it’s quite addicting.
- Organic Bamboo + Charcoal Microfiber Face Cloth: I haven’t bought a makeup remover for a long time after getting these organic microfiber cloths. The ultra soft bamboo and charcoal fabric is very effective for gently removing makeup with just water and they are reusable as well!
- Makeup Brush Set (WO): For makeup lovers, a good set of makeup brush is crucial. I never knew what a huge difference a high quality brush makes until I tried these. Most cosmetic brushes on the market are commonly made from squirrel, mink, sable pony or camel hair; these are made only from taklon bristles, a synthetic polyester-derived fiber that is soft, smooth and void of any proteins or allergens. They are easy to clean, do not shed, and work with both cream and powder products!
- Dazzle Dry Nail Polish Mini Kit (SB, WO): I’m a huge fan of Dazzle Dry toxin free nail polishes. Not only are they free from harmful chemicals and skin-sensitizing ingredients, they stay on longer than conventional nail polish and dry in a minute (no joke). These mini kits come with all the products in the 5-step system, but in smaller bottles.
- Counter+ All Bright C Serum (WO): This vitamin C serum has become an instant bestseller for a good reason! It brightens your skin, reduces dark spots, and protects your skin daily from environmental stressors. It’s a must-have for any beauty lover’s skincare regimen!
- Makeup Storage Organizer: I have this exact makeup organizer and it’s the perfect size and very useful! I love that it’s clear so I can see all the colors and items in the shelves, and it looks nice and stylish on my vanity as well. It’s sturdy and holds way more than I expected it to!
- Luminous Lids Cream Shadows (WO): These limited edition cream eyeshadows sold out very quickly the last time they were available 2 years ago. The vibrant shades go on smoothly and look great on all skin tones. I love that they are buildable, blend easily, and once they dry, they do NOT crease or budge!
- Automatic Curling Iron: As someone who loves her hair wavy or curly, this curling iron was a game changer for me. It curls my hair at a fraction of the time compared to a regular curling iron. There is some learning curve involved, but once you get the hang of how you use it, it’s so easy and fast!
For Babies and Toddlers
- Cuddle+Kind Hand-Knit Dolls (SB): Beautiful hand-knit dolls with a great cause! For every Cuddle+Kind doll sold, the company give 10 meals to children in need. These dolls are made by artisans in Peru with high-quality cotton and hypoallergenic polyester filling.
- Little Likes Kids Beginner Kids Puzzle (SB, WO, BO): A company started by a mom who couldn’t find inclusive playtime items for her son, Little Likes Kids creates toys for age 6 and under. This beginner kids puzzle is thick and sturdy, and illustrates an image of a diverse playground.
- Baby Slippers: I recently purchases these holiday slippers for my toddler, and got so many questions on Instagram about where I got them. They are soft and comfortable, and even though the sizing does run big, there’s a velcro strap inside the slippers to tighten the slippers around the feet.
- Amber Teething Necklace (SB): I’ve had this teething necklace for my baby from a very young age, and so far, we’ve had a relatively easy time with teething (she’s currently 14 months). If you’ve never heard of amber teething necklaces, they supposedly reduce pain from teething, fever, and drool when worn. They work by releasing an anti-inflammatory substance called succinic acid, which act as a natural pain reliever. Her drooling stopped almost overnight after wearing one!
- Pretty Please Teethers & Pacifier Clips (SB, WO, BO): These stylish and safe teethers and pacifier clips are so dreamy! I’m thinking about getting more for my daughter. These handmade items are free of: BPA, PVC, phthalates, lead, latex, and cadmium. So perfect for both babies and toddlers!
- Lily & River Little Climber (SB): We recently bought a climber toy for our toddler and she’s been loving it. We knew it was time when she started climbing on all the furniture. Made with sturdy, natural hardwood, I love that I don’t have to worry about harmful chemicals and paint if she starts chewing on the wood. So great for developing her motor skills and it grows with your little one!
- HEVEA Bath Toy Set (WO): I’ve had this set for almost a year now, and they are still her favorite. They are not only great to keep my babe distracted during bath times, they are sturdy enough to be teething toys and will last a long time. These natural rubber toys do not contain plastic, PVC, phthalates, petroleum, or artificial additives. Any coloring used is plant-based or food-grade.
- Earth Paint Kit (SB, WO): If you are looking for non-toxic paint for your little one, this paint set is made with natural earth pigments and is easily washable. The paint is buildable and vibrant enough for little ones to enjoy, and I feel safe if my baby accidentally ingests it. It does contain organic corn starch just so you are aware in case your little one is allergic!
- Haakaa 360° Baby Toothbrush: I originally bought this to use as a toothbrush for my little one, but it has doubled as her favorite teething toy EVER (I’ve tried them ALL). It’s made with high-quality food grade silicone and it’s BPA, PVC, and phthalate-free. I also love that there’s a safety shield which prevents the toothbrush from going too far into the baby’s mouth. It really helps that she actually enjoys it when I brush her teeth with this now.
- HABA Toys: We have several HABA toys and they are all very high quality and safe. The company uses wood from reforested trees and non-toxic, water-based dyes for paint. I especially love their clutching and teething toys, and I feel safe about my baby chewing on them.
For Moms & Mamas-To-Be
- Wildbird Ring Sling (SB, WO): I’ve used my Wildbird ring sling everywhere, and I love that it doubles as a nursing cover. I still use it from time to time with my toddler. I love the breathable fabric and how sturdy it is, plus the the designs are so gorgeous! It’s also way easier to quickly throw on than a wrap. Such a great gift for new mamas and pregnant ladies.
- AirPods: I didn’t think I would love my AirPods this much, but it’s been especially amazing as a mom. These have been SO convenient when nursing, doing housework while wearing the baby, and just in general without wires getting in the way. I think they’ll also be super helpful for listening to calming music while giving birth.
- G.Tox Himalayan Salt Scalp Scrub Shampoo (WO) – Get $10 off your first purchase when you use this link: With hormonal changes during my postpartum period, I had way more buildup in my hair than usual and not much time to shower. This salt scalp scrub shampoo has been amazing for deep cleaning my scalp once a week to reduce sebum and dandruff. I still use it now, since it’s still hard to find time to wash my hair with a toddler around!
- Hu Chocolate Variety Pack (SB) – Get 15% your order off with code: JEAN15: Who doesn’t love chocolate? This chocolate variety back is a great gift for moms of all ages. All of Hu Kitchen’s organic chocolates are paleo, vegan, and dairy free. No GMOs, emulsifiers, soy lecithin, and refined sugars. They seriously taste amazing too!
- Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager: Before and after pregnancy, this handy massager has been a lifesaver for my sore back and shoulders. It’s quite powerful and is so effective at getting out knots. I still use it almost everyday while watching TV, and it’s one of my favorite purchases in the recent years.
- Clean Crafted Wine Gift Set (WO): I had this over on the Self Care section of this guide, and it belongs here too. These organic, low sulfite are paleo and keto-friendly, and make the perfect gift for the wine-loving mamas in your life.
- Milk Maker Sweatshirt (SB, WO): The Little Milk Bar is a shop I’ve loved for a while now. The company empowers mothers everywhere to feed their baby when and where they’re hungry, with or without a cover. This cute sweatshirt sends that beautiful message, and it’s perfect for the breastfeeding mamas in your life.
- My Serenity Kids meal pouches (SB) – Get 15% your order off with code: JEAN15: For busy mamas who need a break, these meal pouches are some of the highest quality I’ve found on the market made with organic veggies and grass-fed/pasture-raised meats. My daughter loves them and I usually give it to her when we are out and about, but they are great when I’m just very tired at home too. For mamas of toddlers, these bone broth packs are nutrient-dense and delicious!
- BEABA Babycook Baby Food Maker: I’ve had this baby food maker for a few months now and I use it all the time. It’s a small appliance that steams and blends food, and can also be used for reheating and defrosting. I initially thought it might be a bit excessive to have something so specific, but it’s so convenient since you can steam and blend all in the same container. I’ve cooked meat, veggies, and fruits in it, not only for the baby, but for us as well!
- Rothy’s shoes – You can get $20 off your purchase if you use this link: When you are a busy mom and trying to chase around a toddler, you need comfortable shoes that you can easily slip on and off. I own 3 pairs of Rothy’s shoes and they are all SO comfortable – no need to break them in. I loved them during pregnancy too since they are laceless. They are made with recycled plastic water bottles, and best of all, they are machine-washable after getting dusty at the playground!
- Countertime Ultra Renewal Eye Cream (WO): Tired eyes, goodbye! This little product was so helpful when I wasn’t getting much sleep as a new mom. Formulated without harmful ingredients like retinol, it actually uses plant-derived bakuchiol, which is just as effective for anti-aging without the negative side effects. This powerful cream is clinically proven to firm up skin, reduce wrinkles, and reduce dark circles!
Fun Stocking Stuffers
- Washable Silk Sleep Mask (SB, WO): These 100% silk sleep masks are so soft and feels wonderful. Silk is known to reduce the appearance of fatigue and dark circles, and is gentle enough for the delicate skin around your eyes. This mask feels luxurious and is effective for a better night’s sleep!
- Good Scents Hand Cream Trio (WO): Beautycounter always comes out with hand cream sets each year and they are creamy and luxurious. You can break these up for stocking stuffers and small gifts for friends. This is a non-greasy formula that’s hydrating, and this year’s scents are: Calm, Uplift, and Balance.
- Counter+ Charcoal Cleansing Bar (WO): Always fun to give a gift of “coal” with this gifts. It’s a great bar soap for the face and body, and suitable for all skin types!
- The Jellies – Shimmers (WO): SO fun! Think Lancome Juicy Tubes, but SAFER. Each has its own flavor and universally flattering sheer shades. These are great for tweens and teens who are exploring with makeup but don’t want hormone-disrupting chemicals.
- Grass Fed Collagen Packets (SB) – Get 10% off your order with code: GREATGRANDMA10: Grass fed collagen is beneficial for just about anyone, and these individual serving packets make a perfect little gift. Collagen is so important for gut and skin health, and I love that these have been tested for contaminants like hormones, pesticides, and glyphosate. It dissolves well in both cold or hot drinks and I love adding it to my coffee or matcha in the morning,
- CBD Dynamic Roller Duo (SB, WO) – 15% off your 1st order with code JEANCHOI: This duo comes with a calming and an energizing roller that you can break up or gift together. Each roller relieves pressure points, regulates mood, and eases topical discomfort. They also have aromatherapeutic benefits as well!
- Stylish Sista ALL Bodies are Good Bodies Sticker Sheet (SB, WO, BO): These feminist, body-positive stickers make a fun little gift for women of all ages. The message is empowering, and the illustrations are amazing as well.
- Portable Mini Humidifier: Love this USB-charged portable humidifier that you can bring with you anywhere! You just stick in a glass of water, turn it on, and it’ll spray out mist.
- The Clean Deo Minis (WO): These mini deodorants are fun, gorgeous, and smell heavenly. Made without aluminum and harmful ingredients, they go on clear and are very effective with neutralizing odor. The Crisp Sequoia scent is great for men!
- Acetate Tortoise Shell Starburst Brass earrings (SB, WO, BO): These gorgeous earrings are trendy, fun, and bold enough to make a statement. Handmade jewelry is always a winner in my book.
- Primally Pure Lip Balm Set (SB, WO) – 10% off your 1st purchase with code: JEAN10: I LOVE these lip balms from Primally Pure, and I have one in every room and my car. The ingredients are all natural and squeaky clean, and they keep my lips soft and hydrated even in the driest of winters.
- Pique Tea Matcha Packets (SB) – Get 5% off your first order with code: JEAN5: This is my favorite matcha brand that not only tastes amazing like the matcha teas I’ve h
- ad in Japan, but also third party tested for heavy metals, pesticides, and toxic mold. Give out the packets as stocking stuffers, and keep the rest for yourself!
- The JunoStudio Essential Oil Diffuser Charm (SB, WO, BO): These colorful handmade pom pom charms are not only cute and fun to look at, they are actually essential oil diffusers! You can hang them on your rear view mirror (or just about anywhere), add a few drops of essential oils, and enjoy the scent!
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.